great campuses/direct admit programs

Hi!

DD21 is committed to only applying to schools with direct admit programs and she is PICKY :). She really wants a campus that meets certain criteria, so I’d love some ideas… Here are her “wants” -

-campus that is located within walking distance of lots of shops/restaurants/coffee places
-urban setting is fine, but she wants a real “campus” feel
-wants to be able to take public transportation (or walk) to do clinical hours
-prefers a school with a Greek system (this is probably the most negotiable “want”)

As points of reference, she loved UT Austin. She did not like BC because she felt it was too far outside Boston. Schools she is already considering are Georgetown, UVA, University of Michigan, U of Washington (Seattle). She definitely needs safety schools. She is an excellent student, but we both know how competitive nursing programs are. I would love ideas!!

University of Pittsburgh (not a safety, not sure it has a “real campus feel”), Duquesne (also in Pittsburgh, probably a safety or at least a match), Temple and Drexel (very urban campuses) in Philadelphia, possibly Villanova. I’m not sure she’ll have time for Greek life, especially once clinicals begin.

Northeastern in Boston.

I would definitely like her to look at Northeastern. She is reluctant because friends who have attended have indicated that it is almost impossible to graduate in 4 years without taking summer classes. Is this true? It checks all her boxes otherwise.

Summer terms are an integral part of Northeastern. Many students are leery about being in school in the summer but once they get into the routine it is a non-issue. But yes at least one or two summer terms would be necessary

University of Colorado Boulder
Miami University in Ohio
Indiana University

Case Western has a lot of the same positive attributes as Northeastern (urban but a real campus, direct-admit nursing, easy access to excellent medical settings) and a few Northeastern doesn’t have (a low-key but really nice Greek system).

Maybe Seattle U as a safer admit?

what are her stats?

U of Delaware?

Budget? Not sure if any direct entries are truly “safeties?” UTK (mid size city, close to clinicals, cute/fun part of town within walking distance), Clemson (competitive, but small, walkable true “college town,” further to clinicals, but with dedicated bus line), York College of PA maybe (direct admit, hospital across the street, not glamorous, but a good solid nursing program, small school with greek system).

We saw York for nursing for the second time. Affordable, generous and Clinicals close and within an hours drive at the most. They seem to care that you succeed and for a possible nursing student whose grades are not off the charts it is high on our list.

UTK, Purdue and University of Iowa would check all those boxes.