GW president pressured to resign after 'racist remarks'

"More than 100 faculty members at George Washington University have signed a petition circulated by the GWU Faculty Association demanding that the university’s president, Thomas LeBlanc, resign immediately.

Disapproval and frustration expressed by faculty and students had already been growing; however, in early February, after a first-year student asked LeBlanc whether the school would divest from fossil fuels if most students favored doing so. ‘Doesn’t matter,’ LeBlanc responded. ‘What if the majority of the students agreed to shoot all the black people here? Do I say, “Ah, well, the majority voted?” No.’

This sparked outrage among students and faculty, prompting calls for his resignation.

The petition goes on to list other reasons for demanding LeBlanc’s resignation." …

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=14701

As a parent of a GWU student, I have not felt like he has been a great President. There has been a lot of turnover in Deans and other high ranking personnel, so one has to assume that there is an issue there. He has also not done a great job with the Covid-19 crisis and other crisis’s that the university has had during his time there. I would just say that he is not a good fit.