H.S college courses accepted?

<p>Does anyone have experience with UM accepting College courses taken in High School? Do they give you a hard time with it or not?
Thanks!</p>

<p>Son had college credit from the local junior college through dual enrollment classes with our high school.<br>
8 cr/hr in Spanish
3 from a Gross Human Anatomy course
3 from a zoology course
3 from a Chem II course
3 from a Senior creative writing/composition course</p>

<p>UM accepted 4 credit hours. They counted 4 hours as the same as Intermediate Spanish at UM, thus he hasn't had to fulfill the foreign langauge credit. This is also posted as a transfer credit and shows the gpa from this course as being seperate from his UMiami gpa.</p>

<p>Out of all that only 4?</p>

<p>I'm a little concerned. I'm taking Calc III (Math 242) at Univ. of Illinois (Urbana/Champaign) through my high school, but I'm not sure if UM will like that dual credit. What happens to a lot of our seniors is that they end up having their counselors erase the H.S. credit for the class on the transcript to make for easier transfering of straight U of I credit...hopefully it'll work out.</p>

<p>that concerns me too because I have a ton of dual-enrollment credits! and I'm going to UM in the fall,</p>

<p>I have:
comp 1 and 2
western humanities 1 and 2
american government
ethics
general chemistry 1 and 2
organic chemistry 1</p>

<p>and I'm actually writing my organic chemistry 2 final tommorow morning!</p>

<p>Sorry all...didn't mean to scare you. This was just the experience we had. Hopefully your U of I credits will transfer. Sons was through the Eastern Illinois Community College system... maybe being U of I credits they will be more accepting of them..... </p>

<p>Best wishes!!</p>

<p>D took an English class in HS through our state U...rec'd 4 credits - had to have transcript sent to UM - no problems.</p>

<p>Ok, it sounds alright. I talked to some of my senior friends in Calc III and with a few exceptions, they were all able to make the credit transfer smoothly to their universities.</p>

<p>I guess it also depends what grade you received in the course... I've gotten all A's so hopefully that will help</p>

<p>Not sure about Miami but some colleges will not grant credit for a dual enrollment course if it counted to fulfill a HS requirement.</p>

<p>D did not have that problem with UM. Her UConn Eng. counted as HS grad. requirement and was taken by UM as 4 transfer credits - she just had to call UConn and have her transcript sent to UM.</p>

<p>This summer she is taking one course at home and will have that as transfer credit as well - this needed to be approved ahead of time by UM, but was not a problem.</p>

<p>They're pretty tough about accepting credits from a dual high school/college enrollment and typically won't accept a lot of credits. Math, physics, and engineering won't accept much of anything. As was previously mentioned, UM requires that a person gets coursework to be taken at another institution evaluated and approved by the department head before taking the course, and sometimes (if the credits do transfer) the courses will be listed separtely on your transcript indicating that the course was not taken at UM. In engineering, after you get past 60 credit hrs, you have to take all of your core courses at UM.</p>

<p>I just returned from UM today and asked many questions about transferring dual enrollment questions, as I have almost 45 credits, and they said all will transfer as they evaluate the course. </p>

<p>The weird part is that the credits must be C- or above and if, say, you have A's in all classes and a "C" in one class and an "F" in another, those classes are on your GPA, but no credit is received in the "C" and "F" class, as I have had some administrative conflicts with my community college, I have ended up with such grades and don't wish them to be on my college transcript. </p>

<p>I am debating whether I should just retake those courses and not send the transcript?</p>

<p>I currently have about a 3.56 Community College GPA and I know this will be a seperate GPA, but at graduation, they average the GPAs together and that is your final GPA, so if I have a 3.8 in UM courses (~100credits) and the community college GPA, Should I be able to bring my GPA overall up to a 3.85-3.95? This is my concern</p>

<p>So the question is, Should I bother sending the transcript or not? They already have some of my credits, just not the F and C credits. Or should I send these and just raise my GPA?</p>