Half AA and Afro-South american do I just mark black american?

<p>South america is in america but not the U.S. as most applications refer to ones from the U.S..I was born in the U.S. but live with my mom that's south american so I don't relate to american culture as much..I like to represent both sides both most people assume I'm African eventhough I don't have an accent..I don't speak my mom's languages but its a non spanish speaking country.</p>

<p>Sent from my SPH-M910 using CC App</p>

<p>C’mon ForeIn, I Have posted on here that my father is AA and my mother is PR, you really do not have to claim any race on your application. Get in on your own merit. I’m a proud Black Latina. You didn’t name the South American country, it doesn’t matter. If you have the stats, don’t play the race card.</p>

<p>Honestly, you can check whatever you’d like on the application. 2bnoir, you cannot tell people what to put on their college apps. And simply marking what you are and what you identify with is not “playing the race card.” It’s answering a simple question. There is more that goes into college admissions than just stats. If you want to mark Black or Hispanic or both or neither, it’s all fine.
Base it on what you feel comfortable with.</p>

<p>I don’t want to be judged by race and used as a token! I’m not hispanic. Suriname was colonized by the Dutch.</p>

<p>Sent from my SPH-M910 using CC App</p>