Harvard Admissions Fall 2022

It is

1 Like

Any truth to the rumor that Harvard releases at “Pi” time? 3:14pm on Ivy Day? As opposed to the 7pm release for all 7 other Ivies?

No. They all are together.

3 Likes

I’ve been interviewed by two alums in February. Is that the case for you guys?

1 Like

Anybody can login here?

I doubt the college has made decisions already. Can you get into that site?

1 Like

Nope

Do you really think this will work for an accepted student more than a week before decisions are announced? You posted a similar thing elsewhere for another school. I know you are anxious. But this attempt at reading tea leaves creates more anxiety for the students who are already anxious enough.

5 Likes

I agree. Just said pretty much the same elsewhere and was completely ignored. I don’t mind people reading tea leaves, but I agree it can lead to stress. But I have said it before, there is a difference between reading tea leaves and kicking in your neighbor’s door to steal their tea and then kicking in another neighbor’s door to use their stove, in order to make the tea to read your tea leaves.

When people post emails that come the day before decision releases and note that some got an email that is missing a whole paragraph, (i.e. - “if you applied for financial aid, it will be included with your decision” included in some emails but not all) that is passive tea leaf reading. Not necessarily healthy, maybe accurate, maybe not. But trying to log into systems you shouldn’t have access to until you have been admitted and invited, to me isn’t tea leaf reading, it’s just a bad idea.

DD interviewed by one back in January

I think people are just very nervous . )))

That I understand. And like I said, actually reading tea leaves so to speak, doesn’t bother me. Parsing words in the latest emails received from whichever school is fair game, looking at content readily displayed on your portal and asking questions. I do think it amps stress though, so people should not take it super seriously, and I definitely worry about it when it crosses into trying logins.

2 Likes

This could work a few hours before decision time. I remember for UNC EA they had some system that we all found only soon-to-be accepted students could log on to, and everyone was trying it in the early afternoon before they released decisions. So it’s possible.

I can’t help wondering who are more anxious, students or their parents.

6 Likes

I think with Ivy’ it is better to have a zero expectations
 :relieved:

8 Likes

You are making it sound like I was doing something illegal, I wasnt. If what I was talking about is of no interest to you, then you could get back to reading your tea leaves. Thanks.

2 Likes

does getting followed by a paged named Harvard Scholarships mean anything lol. I checked the page’s following list, it has followed quite a number of students who were admitted into Class of 25 and Early action applicants.

No.

I think you are confusing Harvard with MIT. MIT releases regular decisions on Pi Day (3/14) at two times pi (6:28 PM).

2 Likes

Does everyone have verify address on their portal? under profile