Harvard Admissions Fall 2022

Applying to Harvard in 2022? This is the spot for the future class of 2026 to connect with other Harvard applicants and share stats, news or admissions updates.

How do your stats compare to students admitted last year? Take a look at the chart below and then share your stats, activities and more.

Harvard 2021 Admitted Student Statistics
Mean Unweighted GPA 4.0
Admitted Students in Top 10% of Graduating Class 94%
Admissions Test Policy Test optional for Class of 2026
Applicants Submitting SATs 72%
Applicants Submitting ACTs 45%
Waitlist Yes

A Note on Admissions Data: We get our data from Peterson’s. If some of the numbers look off, this wiki-post allows registered CC members to edit, update, or add relevant info, like important dates, deadlines and admissions statistics. If you have different info from a reputable source, you are welcome to add it to this post. Click Edit in the lower right corner to add info or make changes.

To learn more about academics, student life, tuition and aid, or admissions at Harvard, visit their school profile on CC College Search.

1 Like

I literally am shaking in excitement

4 Likes

good luck! just curious-how many on this forum have received alum interviews, AO interviews or second alum interviews?

1 Like

My son who is an international applicant got an interview by zoom one week after he submitted (first week of November) with a former student of Harvard who is Managing Director, Chief of Staff in an International Business Bank in New York and Treasurer of local Harvard Club.

2 Likes

Anyone know when REA is coming out? It still says mid-December. I know Dartmouth sent out an email today saying they are releasing tonight.

2 Likes

Fron Harvard website:

Early Action Admission Decisions

Restrictive Early Action admission decisions will be released no earlier than 7 PM EST on Thursday, December 16th in the Applicant Portal.

3 Likes

Is there any benefit in putting down current students & alumni names in the “contacts” section of the common application? And if yes, do grad school alumni count as alumni too?

None. It is simply a tool to analyze the effectiveness of marketing.

DD22 got an invitation for alumni interview. Applying RD. How significant is an interview? From what I am reading - many stidents who request an interview will get one, correct? Any body in this forum went through an interview already? Any suggesions?
Thank you !

1 Like

Nice , all the best ! From what I read at their web site , Students receive an invite after apps and initiated by alum volunteers. Not all students get interview opportunity. Congratulations and all the best !!

1 Like

Thank you very much !

Is it necessary to apply financial aid before or after the decisions are released .

Before

Of course, if you don’t need aid, it is not required to apply.

on the common app there is a check box- " if you require need based aid", if you checked" yes ", your application will not be complete from financial aid stand point , if you dont go through all the steps with fin aid. For Harvard they require FAFSA and CSS profile . If parents divorced - CSS from both parents. Hope it helps.

Just got an interview request this morning, anyone else so far?

1 Like

Congratulations! When did you apply?

What causes Harvard to ask you for an interview?

They try to offer alumni interviews to every applicant. It’s not that you get “selected” for an interview. It’s just according to whether they have enough alumni to do the interviews. Sometimes a person, especially in an area with no alumni, will be contacted by the admissions officer.

1 Like

No. Harvard’s process is truly need-blind. You can apply not requesting fin aid, and if you are accepted, you can still apply for fin aid. It’s just that if you’re applying RD, and don’t apply for fin aid until after the common reply date, you might not get a fin aid response before May 1st, when deposits are due.

In general, from my kid’s class (2025), most people were pleasantly surprised at the generosity of the awards. However, families that own rental real estate (and I presume businesses with hard, mortgageable assets, or farmers that own their land) can expect the value of the assets to be counted, and may not receive fin aid.