Harvard Admissions Fall 2022

has anyone form india had an interview?

yes

1 Like

I can.

DS Native American IB STEM Student, Wt, 4.3 GPA, In at Villanova and Rice, UC San Diego, Pepperdine, Bates and several other LACS. I was wondering if this rumor was true. Does Harvard Group NAs Apps and view them as a group, thereby making it seem like NAs are competing against each other in the applicant pool? Didn’t get an interview. US citizen living in Canada. Trying to keep hope alive. Rejected by Notre Dame, MIT, Caltech, UMich, USC, and more! Waitlisted at Amherst, RPI, UNC Chapel Hill, UC Irvine, SC and others. He was interviewed for Princeton and Tufts.

3 Likes

No, and don’t stress about it! You’ll be fine, best of luck.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply, it sounded a plausible practice but I wasn’t sure. Sounds like interviews are key though. I have been fine up until today. I got on CC today to relief my stress and after reading a while, my stress has gone up! But what it’s up to the universe now!

Good luck to your son ! He has many amazing options already !))

1 Like

I have read here on this forum that Interviews are not reflective of admissions . Good luck !

1 Like

Thank you and yes, he is weighing his options. Just wondering if many of these schools didn’t take him because they assume other schools will? So hard to figure out! DS just went for a run to decompress!

3 Likes

But I am international living in Middle east, so no interview means I got rejected.

1 Like

“Yield protection” - where some schools intentionally don’t take an obviously qualified applicant because they assume he/she will choose a different school, is controversial but many agree it exists in some form or another.

As a US applicant, candidates should not stress the lack of a Harvard interview too much. My son didn’t receive one and he would likely average a “2” in most of their categories for admission, in other words, a plausible candidate even though there will be many like him and his odds of admission remain low.

Rumor is that interview is important for international applicants but truly based on availability for domestic.

2 Likes

[deleted]

Anyone tried ?

"Error message

Invalid user account type. Please try again. If you continue having problems logging in, please contact the admissions office."

4 Likes

Same

Do you know if applicants in the ME were interviewed?

Has anyone received an email about decisions coming out?
DD hasn’t but an acquaintance received an email a few hours ago.

no email

1 Like

no email, but it’s 3/31, right?

Yes, but I found it odd that some get emails and others do not. :woman_shrugging: