Harvard Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

i agree. and even then itll be at like 6:58 lol

I believe so. It’s been quite for a while

1 Like

I just want to say a huge thank you to skieurope for managing this thread and answering as many questions as possible. Good luck to everyone!

2 Likes

I am surprised that you are so confident about this, SE. I believe the numbers will be lower.

is there a source on whether it be will the same or lower/higher

All guesses, I think, ye2024.

1 Like

I realize decisions won’t come until Tuesday, but I am putting this out there before the posts begin coming too quickly to keep up.

Parents of admitted EA and RA students: please check out the Harvard Parents’ thread, started by Guitars101 in May 2008. Harvard Parent Thread

The thread waxes and wanes, but feel free to ask questions once your student has been admitted; many current and past parents have great advice. If you search on other social media sites, you might find parents groups as well.

That is my guess, which I have listed my rationale earlier in the thread.

AFAIK, Harvard has said nothing.

1 Like

Good luck yo everyone! I wish you all the best!

5 Likes

@skieurope: Harvard did not pull from the waitlist or transfers for any class spots, because each class has around 300 students who took the year off, and they did take the tuition hit this year. The students who took a year off will roll into the next class. Class of '23 has the most students taking a year off, and those kids will fill out the Class of '24. There will be no “extra spots” at the College next year–and so if the AO admits a full class, they will have around 300-350 extra Class of '25s. Enough for an entire extra house.

Not every class. No.

1 Like

has anyone had any portal updates/changes w harvard? columbia’s has completely reinvented itself meanwhile theirs is exactly the same lol

I have not - many colleges deactivate their checklists ahead of decisions being released but Harvard seems to be a bit behind in doing that, if they plan to at all. Whether they do or not shouldn’t make much of a difference, I would think.

Yes, @SkiEurope. Here’s one article: Over 20 Percent of Harvard Undergrads Do Not Intend to Enroll in Fall 2020 | News | The Harvard Crimson

Approximately 1524 students took the year off, which averages to 381 per class. I watch a couple of Harvard parent pages, and this number does not surprise me at all. So, about 380 students will roll from the Class of '21 to the Class of ';22. About 380 students will roll from the Class of '22 to the Class of '23. About 410 students will roll from the Class of '23 to the Class of '24, and about 350 students will roll from the Class of '24 to the Class of '25. I restate: there will be no “extra spots” at the College next year.

Does “roll from 2021 to 2022” means those students will take 5 years to graduate instead of 4?

1 Like

No, those students will take a gap year.

Those kids took this year off. They will now enter the class below them and graduate a year later (though they can choose to affiliate with either their old or their new class).

And those August numbers don’t count the kids who took this semester off (mostly first-years and sophomores).

Guys, I need ur help, go to ur portal asap and go to the source code, use ctrl f and type forms in the search bar. check if there are admission updates u can find. If this doesn’t work, type status in the search bar, please let me know what comes up

I see the texts of “View Status Update” along with “Wait List Status” and “Withdraw Status”