Harvard Class of 2027 Official Thread

The percentage of International students returning to their home country is relatively low. If Universities look for a time-zone representation to interview the kids, they are out of luck. This may be the primary reason why International students don’t get interviewed. There are very few alums available in that time zone.

1 Like

“The absence of an interview will not adversely affect your candidacy”

This leaves some room for interpretation. “will not adversely affect.”
It could mean “will have no impact” or “could have some impact”

Thoughts? It is undoubtedly not a legally binding statement

has anyone been asked for financial aid documents?

Does anybody have Harvard in the IDOC list that says ‘institutions requiring documents’.

yes

Is it “institution Requesting Documents” ? I see 3 school name under this line. Can u upload picture of it? I am trying to understand if I have same one.

Yes, it is under “institution requesting documents”

3 Likes

Thank u :hugs: Yes I have same one.

1 Like

I never checked IDOC until you mentioned. Were they there before or they just appeared?

1 Like

Did you get admitted to Wake?

Yes, my son was accepted

2 Likes

Do u think it is a positive sign?

2 Likes

Im not sure - its so hard to say…some of those schools showed up on the IDOC list at the beginning of the admissions process

3 Likes

I see. Thank u. Ahhh one more week

Are these schools that you actually applied or they are just random schools that ask for everyone?

2 Likes

applied

2 Likes

Do we need to do something for it?

1 Like

It is very difficult to get into Harvard. You can do everything ‘right’ and still not get in. Don’t beat yourself up over it. Unfortunately, so many very well qualified people want to attend and they simply don’t have room for all. Don’t take it as a mark against you.

2 Likes

I think it means nothing. For Harvard they request them for all applicants.

3 Likes

I think you are correct Jennibc. D applied restricted early action back in Nov then Harvard asked for all the tax returns and other stuff for IDOC upload in late Nov? so were hopeful but deferred to RD in the end. Still hopeful but not expecting much. Good news is that since Havard asked for the IDOC upload early all other schools didn’t have to ask as they can see them and we got FA at a bunch of other schools based on CSS and the IDOC upload pursuant to Harvard requests early in the process. Not a word from Harvard since deferred. But got into other very good schools that never corresponded after initial application so probably doesn’t say much.

2 Likes