yes. everyone from my country got it the same day from the same person

1 Like

Hello! Where are you from?

PM me.

Yep, Jan 27th.

1 Like

Where are you from?

Where are you from? The UK?

Yep. My Italian friends have been contacted for interviews this week.

I live in Spain so I really hope to get my interview this week

D23 got an interview request just this past Friday and had her interview yesterday. We’re in Atlanta.

3 Likes

Oh man the stress is really starting to kick in. I’m an italian applicant too and I wasn’t contacted for an interview, I guess we all know what that means :melting_face: :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

There’s still time fra

This is a good sign, wishing your daughter the very best.

1 Like

How was her interview ? Was it really formal

She said it was one of the hardest, but she did well. Interviewer asked a lot of questions but was also very nice. She had to think for a few seconds before answering some of those questions. Overall, it went very well and the interviewer liked her. It was a virtual interview.

Thanks. Is it ok to assume that if you do not get a interview from harvard that it is not a good sign or like other colleges it is based on the availability of the alumini

1 Like

I had the same question before D23 received her interview request. I called Harvard and they insisted that interviews do not make or break a decision. It’s purely based on Alumni availability. They said it’s just an opportunity for prospective students to ask questions about Harvard. Getting an interview (or not getting one) doesn’t mean anything.

1 Like

This is true only for international applicants. No Harvard interview= rejection 100% confirmed

3 Likes

I am an internation applicant (regular decision), what do you think is the latest possible date that one can hope for an interview? Seeing that I wasn’t contacted yet is making me worring a little :melting_face:

You keep saying this, but that directly contradicts the Harvard website for international applicants: “While we try to make alumni interviews as widely available as possible, we are unable to interview all applicants. The absence of an interview will not adversely affect your candidacy.”

2 Likes

Harvard admissions lawsuit documents explicitly say otherwise. Especially for international applicants where alumni availability is scarce or absent - which is the case if your country isn’t listed among the interview countries- having an interview is a highly recommended step for admission. Plus, it’s a good sign. They tend to shortlist candidates from these countries and interview them to confirm their decisions.

2 Likes