Has anyone received a decision from SFSU for Fall 2023?

Has anyone received a decision from SFSU? DD applied in early Oct for CS which is a non-impacted major there and she meets the min requirement for admission; I thought decisions were to go out Nov 1 onwards, so was surprised that we haven’t heard back. Has anyone received a decision yet for Fall 2023 term? Thanks

Although the website states November 1 for decisions, I have not seen any decisions posted for SFSU earlier than December for the last few years. Have you checked your application status and “to do list” to make sure the application is complete?

Yes, hv checked the status. It was last updated on 10/19 and only mentions application was received and is under preliminary review. Hopefully they will update soon with a decision.

1 Like

I too am awaiting to hear from SFSU. Applied late November, and SFSU Gateway has said “under preliminary review” since December 1.

1 Like

My daughter applied in mid-November and no decision yet.

1 Like

FYI, my application status now reads “Your application is currently being reviewed.”

1 Like

I received an email this morning that says, “We received your student’s application to San Francisco State University and are processing it.”

They are certainly taking their sweet time!

Is anyone having trouble logging into their account? The user name and password were set up but it wants a Microsoft login which does not work with the student number or a personal Microsoft account.

I don’t think my daughter has tried recently, so can’t answer that.

OK, my daughter just tried and also can’t log in - it says her account doesn’t exist? Weird.

Straight from admissions:

Thank you for reaching out to us. No worries, there seems to be something that is affecting the system at the moment. However, we recommend to reach out to our IT Department who will be able to further assist you and your daughter in accessing her SFSU gateway portal. They can be reached via email and phone at: service@sfsu.edu | (415) 338-1420.

Regarding login difficulties… try adding “@sfsu.edu” to the end of the student id number. Something gave me that hint when that Microsoft login appeared…. And that worked! (I think it was grey text in the login box.)

1 Like

This works!!

I just checked on the portal and I am conditionally (the usual meet all requirements conditions) accepted!! (Begin happy dance!).

I wish you all well too.

3 Likes

D admitted to CS.

6 Likes

My daughter just checked and no update…Application is still listed as under review. Sigh.

My son was accepted to the cinema major! He wasn’t able to login to the portal though.

2 Likes

Yes! My daughter was accepted - Linguistics Major

4 Likes

My daughter checked this morning…Still nothing!

Hopefully she receives something soon. I think decisions may be just rolling out in bunches.

1 Like