Help! Chance me please?

<p>How realistic are my goals?
Here we go...</p>

<p>Dad immigrant from Ethiopia
Mom Brown University Alum
Attend a huge somewhat competitive public high school in Minnesota where the college counselors suck! (So thanks to all you guys for helping me out!)</p>

<p>Race: African-American
Sex: Female
GPA: 3.96 (UW)
SAT I: 1950- 680 CR, 610 M, 660 W
SAT IIS: not taken yet</p>

<p>6 APs by the end of senior year.
Several Honors Courses
+ High level math.
5 on AP World History test.</p>

<p>Extra Curriculars:
Started a branch of Invisible Children charity at my school (Pres & Founder)
Student Council Rep
NHS
Speech Team
Piano (Benefit Concerts)
50 Hours Volunteering at a local museum</p>

<p>Please Chance me at:
Brown University
Emory University
Duke University
Rice University
UC Berkeley </p>

<p>please add comments with guesses?
perhaps colleges more in my reach also..
thank you!! :)</p>

<p>Hi, I am graduating hs this year. I am sudanese with my father a mcgill university alumnus. on top of that i had a 4.0 GPA, 2170 sat, over 1000 volunteer hours, and 6 AP's as well and was rejected from harvard, yale, upenn, princeton, brown and upenn. i was accepted at columbia, cornell, and jhu. it seems that afirmative action may not help. however i think you have an alright chance at emory, rice and a good chance at berkeley. duke and brown im not so sure about...</p>

<p>Thanks for your input! I'm definitely retaking my SAT's also..</p>

<p>any other opinions????</p>

<p>how do you have a high level math when your math SAT is in the low 600s</p>

<p>because i can't retain anything i've learned up through calc.</p>

<p>sigh, math will never be my forte</p>

<p>Rice looks pretty good...</p>

<p>Finally… a real human being. I don’t know if you’ve retaken your SATs by now, but everything else you have listed here looks great. And realistic. Some of the CCers here have such crazy, unimaginable accomplishments. I think you have a great shot at all of these schools, with Brown being the biggest reach. Which Minnesota suburb are you in? I’m in Minnetonka!</p>

<p>Legacy matters at Brown, so why not give it a shot?</p>

<p>Haha um with a higher test score, gpa, and a few decent accomplishments my list has become much more ambitious.</p>

<p>:p</p>

<p>harvard-yale-columbia-upenn-brown-northwestern-swarthmore-umich-unc-duke-georgetown</p>

<p>haha i feel like i’m taking a leap of faith here but hey, you only apply to college once!</p>

<p>what r ur stats like now?</p>

<p>4.0 GPA & 33 ACT Composite
as far as statistics go</p>

<p>Class rank is still low with a 40/640 though</p>

<p>Also additional leadership & other stuff that comes along with senior year</p>

<p>Nice! Just bang those essays out and pray for the best. :)</p>

<p>That’s the plan, thanks.</p>

<p>The thing I’m most nervous about is class rank and competition within my school. I know a good number of people applying to the same schools as I am ranked 1-20, while I’m sitting at 40. Do you think this will affect my application negatively?</p>

<p>I think you need to remember that there are 640 people in your class. When I first saw your rank of 40, I thought that was a bit low, but I did the math and you’re well within the top 10% of your class. If your rank goes up to just 32, you’d be in the top 5%. So you’re rank appears a lot worse than it actually is. It’s good.</p>

<p>We have 5 of the same schools on our lists, and I like all of your others too, so I hope we’re both lucky!</p>

<p>Ah same here! I just found out that every class I’m taking this semester is weighted. So hopefully by the time RD rolls around I’ll be set with a slightly higher class rank. (I’m banking on a B in Calculus).</p>

<p>Good luck to you!!</p>