Help! Nursing (at San Diego State) or Psychology (at UC Santa Barbara)?

<p>I got into UC Santa Barbara and LOVE it! I would be majoring in Psychology there. I absolutely love psychology and would love to become a psychologist/therapist to help those who feel lost and alone (like my psychologist helped me). </p>

<p>However, I've also fallen in love with nursing, although maybe not as much as psychology. I'm great at science and math (Calculus and psychology are my favorite classes this year) and again love helping people. If I want to pursue nursing, I would have to go to San Diego State, which isnt as "good" of a school as UCSB, but UCSB doesnt offer nursing. </p>

<p>Also, at UCSB I'd only have to pay $15k (after grants/scholarships), and at SDSU I'd have to pay $20k (even though it's not as good as UCSB). </p>

<p>I'm afraid that if I pick SDSU and decide that I hate nursing, I'd regret not going to UCSB. </p>

<p>I would love any and all opinions, and please don't give me stupid answers! And not too much hate on psychology :) Thanks!</p>

<p>Hi @‌carina47
you’ve asked a very tough question & I feel your frustration since you have to make a decision by May 1st. Hope you have already figured out the answer yourself & with your parents. I see your point about the cost of attendance & one college has nursing but the other does not.</p>

<p>It would be nice if there is a combo " Psychology + Nursing " degree that would solve the problem!
Psychology offers some very interesting topic, how ppl think, why & what they do, how the brain works, etc. I have a D who is studying something similar so I have some idea.</p>

<p>Nursing program also requires some Psychology classes ( Life Span ) & you can also take some Psy. classes as your electives if you like.
It all depends on what you plan to do. </p>

<p>The way I see it : it is very hard ( super competitive ) to transfer from Psy. to Nursing later.
But it is easier to make a switch from Nursing major to Psychology major later. </p>

<p>Good Luck !!! </p>