High Point University- Check it out

Dean Dean Cain is now a Professional in Residence - gets to hang out with his kid !!

HPU Broadens List of Global Leaders in Residence with Famed Actor Dean Cain | High Point University

1 Like

Hi Pepp - thanks for being a resource. Some of my concerns: transfer students.
Were there many students transferring in?
Social activities: while it may not be popular opinion, but what is the college life like (partying/drinking)? Are there places they frequent often on the weekends? Are they safe, close by? How do they get to and from? A friend who attends say they often go to areas in Greensboro? Is this the norm? What goes on within the campus? Frat parties?
Athletic Events: Basketball seems pretty big, what else is a big thing that everyone tends to do on campus? No football, but I did notice they have some pretty big names come to campus for a concert - that sounded like fun.
Overall Environment: Fun campus, most people find their groups, classes are purposeful.
Job Placement: From your experience, was your daughter out of the norm for her employment? Were other friends who graduated from HPU as fortunate?
Scholarship/Merit: Any such thing?? LOL
Thanks so much for getting this far - after one miserable situation, I’m making sure we cross our Ts and dot all our I’s. This has been a tough lesson to learn.

Ugh I wish I saw this sooner, but can offer some insight as I have a 2nd year student!

In my daughter’s class there have been a number of transfer students this year…and it appears that HPU helps acclimate them!

In regards to social, there are an abundance of activities both on and off campus! My daughter and her friends go to Greensboro (20ish minutes away) to shop at Friendly Center (an outdoor mall).

There have been numerous weekend outings to Carowinds, rafting and more! Per my daughter there is an entire activities calendar of events on campus.

HPU does offer merit scholarships - from Presidential scholarships to fellowships.

They have speakers, networking events, and numerous other happenings!

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask anything else!