Honors graduate with 174 LSAT shut out at top law schools

<p>^Not to mention whatever they are calling the Friedman Institute, which is probably the highest-profile project of all, as well as a bio-engineering institute.</p>

<p>BUT, notice that many/most of these are NOT College-oriented. South Campus Dorm, Logan, and Odyssey, yes, but not Booth, the Theology School, Friedman, bio-engineering, Mansueto, or anything having to do with the hospital.</p>

<p>That said, I agree completely with the above comments. Zimmer (who comes from the same faculty generation as Boyer, and was part of the same group of allies before he departed for Brown) knows perfectly well that the University can’t be strong if the College is weak. And although he doesn’t visibly care for the College as much as for other parts of the University, he DID leave to be provost of Brown, a very college-oriented institution. The only disagreement I have is that Boyer (and others) have been working on the College for 25 years at least, with the full support of every president. He (and they) have been sensationally successful, but it’s a long-haul project, not something where there is going to be any radical overnight change. And I think the model they have in mind, in terms of balancing the College with graduate and professional programs, is Harvard, not Dartmouth or Princeton.</p>

<p>Spark, could you elaborate?</p>