Honors Program

<p>Hey, I'm kind of interested in the honors program at UW, but I'm not able to find too much specific info about it online.</p>

<p>Basically what I'm looking for, is what kind of stats it usually takes to get into the honors program out of high school. If anyone on here got in, could you please share what you had.</p>

<p>Is a 3.94 GPA with a 32 ACT, although with very mediocre ec's, good enough usually?</p>

<p>If anyone has any additional info on the program, I'd be glad to here it. Do honors students have their own dorms?</p>

<p>Thanks. I'm really interested in going to UW and excited about applying next year!</p>

<p>By the way, if it matters, I'm planning on majoring in econ in the College of Letters & Science.</p>

<p>Yes, you will get into the honors program (I had very similar stats and got in last year). You do have to write an essay I believe, but don't stress over it. Honors students don't have their own dorms, but you can opt to live in a learning community. I am in bradley learning community, but it really isn't different than any other dorms in terms of socializing and partying. The honors program offers smaller classes with more interaction with the professor. I have enjoyed both honors and regular big lectures. Each have their charm. The director is really good (he was actually one of my professors last semester) and there is relatively good selection of honors classes. Just a note, there are H! classes(honors option; open to anyone) and H classes (honors student ONLY). I am in a class this semester that is a regular big lecture and then my discussion is honors ONLY (no TA, but professor teaches the smaller breakout class). You can get distiction for honors work when you graduate (Honors in the Liberal Arts - only for honors students - and Honors in the Major - open to anyone that meets the requirements). So overall, good program and not elitist.</p>

<p>Thanks, sounds good and is what I'm looking for. A good program that provides some tougher, more in depth studies but is not completely seperated from the rest of the school like at some universities.</p>

<p>Any more info is appreciated!</p>