Housing at the Lofts

<p>Are the Lofts available for 2014-2015 with the housing scholarship? I am a rising junior and saw it on the housing selection website. </p>

<p>tele- could you tell me exactly where you found that information?</p>

<p>When I go to select a room on UA Housing for next year the Lofts is one of the options. I am able to select a room there, I’m just wondering if the housing scholarship will cover it since I can’t find any other info on it.</p>

<p>Telekinesis, do you currently live in the Lofts with your housing scholarship?</p>

<p>i would say if it is one of the options available that the scholarship will cover it. to be sure, call someone and ask.</p>

<p>See if you can send UAHousing a PM here on CC and ask.</p>

<p>We found that yes, it was available, but no rooms seem to actually be open. They go fast, it seems!</p>

<p>My son has a housing scholarship and chose the Lofts. I called housing to make sure it was okay, and they sent me to the Scholarship office. Scholarships assured me it was fine as long as my son went through UA housing to rent it.</p>

<p>Saw this thread, looked and snagged D a room! But now her housing application says it is incomplete?? She sent an email to housing to find out why. Anyone have this happen or know what it means?</p>

<p>Wow, she got a response pretty quickly! Apparently it isn’t a problem, just something about needing to be reset. </p>

<p>Do you guys who will be at the Lofts know whether you have an 8-month contract (same as the dorms) and whether you have to stick to the same move-in/-out dates as the rest of the dorms?</p>

<p>My kids reserved The Lofts with a housing scholarship. Sounds like they went very quickly though. They did have a status of “incomplete” but now the status is listed as “complete”. They have the same 8 month contract as the dorms but not sure about the move-in/move-out dates. I would think they are similar since they are reserved through the university.</p>

<p>when did housing choosing start? today?</p>

<p>Rising Seniors switching buildings started Friday and Rising Juniors started today.</p>

<p>Well, D’s application went from being incomplete to being nonexistent! Even this year’s application isn’t showing up. Tried calling housing, but they are closed. D is emailing them back, but it looks like we’ll be waiting until morning to find out if she has a room! </p>

<p>Does anyone know if it is possible to room with someone who is renting directly with the lofts? Was that possible this year?</p>

<p>My daughter has signed the lease for a 4 bedroom at Lofts for next fall and they only have 3 girls in the apt. . The Lofts told me that they will do a room mate match for the remaining room- If anyone wants to private message me I can put you in touch with my daughter.</p>

<p>no, i don’t think you can mix UA housing renters with Lofts renters, but check with housing to be sure.</p>

<p>You cannot mix UA housing with renters. S is on a housing scholarship, at the Lofts, and had to find new roommates with housing scholarships, as current roommates are turning into renters. They cannot remain roommates, this is unfortunate, since they are a wonderful group of students. On the bright side, S found new roommates with housing scholarships, and will remain in the Lofts. </p>

<p>D and her best friend will be moving from RCS to the Lofts this year with housing scholarships. I think they may have randomly ended up in the same apt. as Whitlo’s D. How will their campus parking permit work? D would like to be in the commuter lot near the nursing bldg. </p>