The Lofts

<p>S is moving into the The Lofts as part of campus housing in the next few weeks. He was in Ridgecrest Freshman year.
My understanding is the The Lofts will have one (1) - five story building completed for move-in. Retail stores/restaurants will be part of the next phase to be completed next year.<br>
-Does anyone have any additional information regarding this development?
-Has anyone moved in yet?<br>
-Are there grocery/food stores nearby?</p>

<p>I’ve asked S to contact his roommates to see what everyone is bringing. We’d be happy to provide whatever is needed, I just don’t think they need 4 of everything, ie… Television, vacuum, small appliances, cookware etc… Since this is an apartment, with a full kitchen, they may be tempted to cook/bake something or maybe it’s wishful thinking on my part? He does have the 90 meal plan and we’re willing to upgrade him at anytime.</p>

<p>It sounds like a great development,and I think he and his roommates will have a wonderful sophomore year. Looking forward to bringing him back to Alabama!</p>

<p>I drove by it a couple of days ago. I doubt anyone has moved in yet.</p>

<p>-Are there grocery/food stores nearby?</p>

<p>Target with full grocery is close…so is Belle Grocery. </p>

<p>The Loft area shops aren’t built yet, BUT…Midtown Village is super close, so lots of shops there…clothes, Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, restaurants, etc.</p>

<p>My son will also be moving into the Lofts. Aug 17 is the earliest move-in day.</p>

<p>My son, a sophomore, who also lived in Ridgecrest honors as a freshman, will be moving into The Lofts as well. We received a newsletter from The Lofts last week that included info on move-in time. All move-ins on the 17th. Assigned times based on which floor you’ll be living. Newsletter also provided ways to pay rent (online, mail, in person), traffic directions for move-in based on regular vehicles vs Uhaul type, and car registration paperwork. The Lofts is in a great location. University mall across street, Target down street a few blocks, lots of retail stores and restaurants nearby. Thankfully, my son and his future roommates have been in contact with each other on who will be bringing what for kitchen. Also for planning purposes, bed is FULL size and shower rod is curved. Will need shower curtain and hooks.</p>