Housing

I saw that the housing app opens on October 1st. I don’t think I will be able to commit to any school until December. Will housing fill up fast? I know I want to room in Tut if I decide to attend. Also, if I send in my scholarship app before the deadline, will I hear sooner? That will play a role in my decision.

Do you have the stats for the automatic scholarships? If you do, and you submit everything by the appropriate deadlines, you’ll get the scholarship you qualify for - it’s automatic, so you can count on in even if you haven’t yet received a notification that it’s been awarded. I’m not sure how the non-automatic scholarships work, so I don’t know whether getting the app in before the deadline makes a difference in when you hear. I always think it’s best not to wait until the last minute, though.

My S did not decide on UA until the end of Feb last year. He still got into one of the suite dorms ( RCW) and is enjoying it very much. Some of the non-automatic scholarships did not officially come out untitl March. Since Tut is a traditional dorm, I would think ur chances are good.