How are the biochemistry faculty at USC and Wisconsin? Also which unique research projects are/were undertaken by the students there?

i’m a junior in highschool trying to figure out the quality of the faculites for biochemistry at various unis :slight_smile:

Wisconsin is famed for their strength in chemistry. USC is no slouch, either. They both have med schools and tons of biochem researchers. For an undergraduate, the other factors about the schools would be more important than comparing the prestige of the chem departments.

Biochem is one of those lucky majors that you can do well at a ton of schools. I have a preference for schools that offer ACS-certified majors, so you could screen that way if you want. Students participate in excellent research at both schools. Since USC is private, students probably get more individual attention there, but I don’t know.

1 Like

Are you considering applying or is this for a school assignment?

Have you looked at the websites?

https://dornsife.usc.edu/chemistry/biochemistry-bs/

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.