How can I improve my SAT Reading Section?

I am trying to increase my SAT Reading point. I have been studying for the SAT for over 6 months now, and my reading section didn’t really improve much. Every time I solve a practice test, I make 10-12 mistakes. Always. My writing is not bad, I make from 1-4 mistakes. But I want my reading section mistakes to decrease to 4/5 mistakes. How can I do that? I never managed to improve it. English is not my native language so I think that’s one of the reasons. But people in my school who have similar English levels are way better than me in the Reading section. I need help because I will take the August SAT but my reading section is still not improving. I solved every Khan Academy reading test and every collegeboard practice test.

I think the key now, is to slow down. It is important that you are doing studying that is quality not quantity. If you are still making the same amount of mistakes, it seems like you have done lots of work. I think it is best now that you work slowly (one passage at a time) and try to figure out why you are missing those questions and really scrutinize yourself so that you understand why you got them wrong. Only then, when you figure out why you got them wrong, can you get those correct. Quality in practice matters more, quantity can make you make the same mistakes over and over again. hope it helps!

@greengiraffe Thanks for your question! You may be able to find your answer in this recent article from College Confidential, which covered this topic in depth. You can read it here: https://insights.collegeconfidential.com/how-to-improve-reading-comprehension