How did I get waitlisted at Purdue?

That really sucks man. I got in with way lower stats. Purdue does get a lot of applicants opting for CS from India. If the availability of space is the problem, then maybe you can let them know you are prepared to choose some other major and then maybe transfer into CS( If that’s fine with you ). All the best!

@fbhsfhthj‌ If I say then wouldn’t they feel that I am showing a lack of focus or something? I sent them a letter saying if I get accepted I will definitely attend and all the reason I love Purdue and all that stuff. Do you reckon I should tell then that I am okay with some other major?

Yesterday I came across a guy( in CC ) who was rejected by Purdue, his stats were lower than yours though. He had decided to change his major and appeal. If a particular university does not have space for the major you requested, there is no point hanging on to it. I’m just saying that you can tell them that X major is your second choice and you’re comfortable taking it up if they have run out of spots for CS. Idk when the Wl decisions come out. It would be a bit of gamble to wait on it I guess.Though I personally believe that you will surely make it out of the wait list :). All the best.

@fbhsfhthj‌ I wrote then another letter saying that I would be glad if they could offer me CS, but I would not at all mind being given any other engineering major that involves loads of physics. So, I reckon they might consider me for electrical or mechanical. Lets wait and see. And thanks for the advice.

You heard back from them??..

@fbhsfhthj @naturaldistaster @noemii @bopper @SaphireNY @Jr12317 @sltxdad @Dhruv97 @Loganator @sbjdorlo @coffeelife I got in. Never thought I would be so happy to get into Purdue. But after being rejected everywhere, you can’t imagine my happiness. Thanks for the support everybody.

Wonderful, wonderful news, @michaelite! I’m so happy for you!!

What major will you be studying?

Glad to know that. Enjoy there, you deserve good news by now.

Congratulations! Hope you have a wonderful experience at Purdue.

@sbjdorlo Comp. Science

I just got accepted off of the wait list too :slight_smile:

YAY CONGRATS @michaelite

@michaelite @Nathaniel597 How did u get off the waiting list? i have applied for mech e and i am currently in the waiting list. Do u have any tips? I have sent a letter to Purdue expressing my recent achievements and my acceptance to enroll if offered a place. Do I have to send any other letter quoting something else? Btw I have a CGPA of 3.71 and 1850 SAT marks.

@karthik369 Send an email explaining that Purdue is your first choice school and how much you want to be there. Thats the only thing that I did.

@michaelite @Nathaniel597 How do u guys get off the waitlist? I applied to Purdue for mech e. and im placed in the waitlist. So far, now response been received. I’ve sent a letter stating my recent achievements and my interest to matriculate immediately if offered a place. Should I do anything else to increase my chances? Should I write any other letter? Thank you in advance for your responses guys. Btw, my CGPA is 3.71 and my SAT score is 1850

Thanks a lot @michaelite

I was originally rejected but got put on the wait list after my appeal so they had already received 2 or 3 essays on why I should be reconsidered .