How do I take a college class in high school?

<p>How's it going guys.</p>

<p>I'm a Junior just getting over his first year of the IB diploma program and I kind of wanted to pick something up for the next semester of high school or even over the summer.
Having just taken the AP Calculus BC Exam I wanted to go for taking a calculus 3 class at a local college in my senior year, the problem though is that being a full IB diploma student, I can't do a dual enrollment at a college during the school day since my schedule is pretty much full. Anybody have any idea how I could go about taking the class anyways? maybe online somehow?</p>

<p>The closest schools to me would probably be:
Houston Community College and University of Houston</p>

<p>Does the community college offer night classes? I know someone (also a full IB diploma student) who took community college chemistry classes during evenings.</p>

I live in the DFW area, and hopefully things are similar down in Houston. What you would do is that you would apply to take dual credit classes at your local community college. I right now, am taking a dual credit government course at my nearest community college and in order to do so I had to collect my transcript from the school, fill out paperwork from under the dual credit section of my community college’s website, i had to collect my shot records and make sure that i had the required vaccines, and I had to get so forms signed by the school and alert my college counselors at school that I would be taking dual credit. Once you finish with all of this, you should turn it all in to your community college’s dual credit office. Classes I would suggest taking at community college would be government and econ. My school is strictly IB, with a substantial amount of APs also offered and me going on the full IB student track I can fill your shoes and understand. You can take any classes at community college as long as your school allows it. Once, you have completed the course, you have to return your transcript to the school to receive credit. I would highly recommend taking community college class, dual credit for high schoolers, during the summer, they are only a month, can save you a lot of time ans stress during the school year, can provide you will study halls, and would be a pain to deal with during the school year. Also must of these classes tend to be pass/ fail making them a lot easier. If you have any more questions message me, contact your school college counselors, and/or call the dual credit office of your local community college (highly suggested). Make sure to talk to your counselors so they are ware and can help your prioritize your time and give you permission to take classes :slight_smile: P.S. Community colleges offer morning, afternoon, and night classes.

Also community colleges offer both online and on-campus classes !