How long did it take for A&M to give you their admissions decision?

<p>Hopeful- sophomores are able to rush, there are just fewer spots for them. Good luck and congrats!</p>

<p>Thanks 83aggie!</p>

<p>Well the Oklahoma out of state tuition is probably gonna be to much for me to afford so I think I am gonna take up my PSA agreement and go to tarleton for the first year and auto transfer to tamu as a economics major… Does anybody know if it is easy to change your major from economics to business admin once you are attending the university? Because I know it’s two different colleges. And I toured OU and for anybody considering it I would recommend the university for people who have that kind of cash. It’s a beautiful campus and everything about it is pretty awesome.</p>

<p>Tuwood: Oklahoma State will offer you more money. Check their website under scholarships. My daughter was given almost enough to make up for out of state. She was offered Blinn team. She’s not sure she’ll take it. If not ,she’s going to OSU.
Good luck!</p>

<p>Thanks! Ill look into it!</p>

<p>A&M recieved all my documents and scores on October 31 or maybe Nov. 1 & I’m automatic admission and I got my acceptance on November 4. It’s crazy how quick they are!</p>

<p>The high schools in my area are very competitive as you describe (I have no knowledge of cheating). I also don’t like the top 10% because it doesn’t take this into account. So as a parent you can put your kid in a bad school so they have a better rank, or a competitive school where they will have to work too much to rank top 25%. I wish they would scrap the class rank criteria and use something like their wonderful STAR test instead. The STAR test seems like a better benchmark since all high schools are expected to teach to this test.</p>

<p>Obviously they have to use some criteria for selection. The top 10% rule is a state law so there is no way around that. The top 10% rule is there to provide diversity and help with admitting students from less competitive schools. I’m not a fan either but I understand what they are trying to accomplish. I’ve heard A&M may petition the state like UT did to get the percentage lowered since their applications are getting so high. That would open some more review spots if approved.</p>

<p>Class rank shows how a student compares to others in his class. It is difficult to compare students from different high schools since teaching, testing, grading and ranking are so different. Standardized tests like the ACT/SAT show how a student compares against everyone. (I know there are debates about the use of standardized test.) The STAR test is Texas only as far as I know. The ACT/SAT are much more standardized.</p>

<p>A&M does one thing that is nice. If you are ranked in the top 25% AND meet their test benchmarks you are admitted. Pretty straightforward. Someone suggested they do a sliding scale of admittance. Something like 30 ACT & top 25%, 31 ACT and top 30%, 32 ACT and top 35%, etc. That is an interesting approach and would probably help some review students become academic admits.</p>

<p>Pretty much everyone says they attend a very competitive high school. Admissions will use a high school profile to determine how competitive the school is compared to other schools. There are plenty of parents who do move their kids to a lower performing school so they can gain admittance. Not sure if that is really helping the student but to each their own. </p>

<p>kldat1- TAMU Admissions has stated often and very clearly that during the admission process they do not consider where the student goes to high school. Whether this is true or not- they are consistent with sticking to their story!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>This has been a trend at my kids’ private prep school for the past 5-7 years. It’s not uncommon for schools like St. Marks, Greenhill, Hockaday, Kinkaid, St. Marks, Trinity Valley, FWCD, and St. Mary’s Hall to have kids who are in the second half of the class with 2100+ SATs, 8+ AP classes, tons of ECs, etc. who are rejected while kids in some inner-city TX schools who are auto admits have stats significantly lower stats but are accepted by virtue of their rank. (SPC schools don’t rank.) My intent is not to start a discussion of privilege, opportunity, fairness, etc…it is what it is. My point is simply to acknowledge I have noticed several prep school students who dream of A&M and UT bail their first two years of hs and transfer to the larger public where they’re most always able to gain access as auto admits. My next door neighbor opted to do this and is now a very happy freshman at UT. My son’s best friend left in 9th grade (bottom quarter of prep school class) and will be starting UT this fall. </p>

<p>My kid’s school is rated the number 2 public school in the U.S. by US News. They simply don’t rank. For my current TAMU freshman, TAMU admissions assumed he was in the top 25%, based on GPA and the quality of the school. With his test scores, he was then treated as an academic admit. Maybe all the top schools should go this route.</p>

<p>applied oct.13 accepted dec.16</p>

@vs1997 where are you from? Do you know how long does it take for internationals? My file is in review since about a week…

texas. i am not sure about the process for int’l.s sorry