How long did it take for A&M to give you their admissions decision?

<p>^^^
I second that, lol</p>

<p>For anyone looking at this thread in years to come that attends a “competitive” high school, I have an observation for you. If the auto-admit program remains the way it is or similar, you need to focus on your SAT/ACT. Get some real test preparation. What I have seen is a lot of these kids from these high schools have great gpas, are obviously bright, plenty of ECs, but have fairly mediocre (just above average) test scores. First of all, that’s kind of puzzling to me, if they went to an awesome high school. But A & M has made provision for those students who can’t make the top 10%. If you can squeeze into the top quarter and make a 1300 SAT, with a 600 in each CR & M, them you’re in. Strive for that.</p>

<p>I was told on tour that legacy doesn’t help any more - because there are just too many folks whose dad or grandpa or mom or someone went to A & M. They have too many applicants for them to fairly consider legacy.</p>

<p>My daughter just got Blinn Team…</p>

<p>for hopeful90</p>

<p>my stats were not great I had like a 490 on math and 480 on CR and 21 ACT rank was 36/178 now 31/190. I think my essays, letters of rec. and the fact that the admission coordinator in my area referred me to the admissions office that I would be a perfect fit at A&M helped me get offered Gateway. I also had a good amount of community service and was on the baseball team and robotics team at my high school for 3 years.</p>

<p>Thanks Nes132 for getting back with me. Well I am really happy for you and it sounds like you are a great fit for A&M! Maybe I should have met with my admissions coordinator I’m sure it would have only helped. I got blinn team, my stats were top 16% in a very competitive high school, Sat 1270 for math & cr, total composite 1860, Act 28, gpa 3.8 out of 4.0 scale and 4.6 gpa out of 5.0 scale, took a lot of Ap and Pre Ap classes. Excellent letters of reccomendation, many community service hours, won awards for DECA, in many high school clubs. Would have loved to have gotten Gateway to prove to A&M that I am an academically strong student, but I am sure I will make the best of it in blinn team! Good Luck to everybody!</p>

<p>When does AIS typically update?</p>

<p>My AIS just moved to step 5 today and I got Blinn Team! I would have liked full admission but considering all of the automatic admits this year and the fact that I am coming from out of state, I am very happy. I had a 29 ACT, and I was 5/102 at a very competitive private school. I’m just glad the wait is finally over. Best of luck to all who are still waiting on a decision!</p>

<p>How did you get blinn team? If you were 5/102 you are in the top 10% and should be auto admitted? Full time</p>

<p>For out of state students I believe you need a 30 ACT in addition to top 10%, so I was one point short…</p>

<p>International student and got rejected.Surely appealing though.I had 27 ACT, 105 TOEFL, no rank provided by HS.Other univerisities ranked me top 25%.But tamu comes and tells me I am top 50%.That’s bs man.I got Colorado school of mines but its gonna hurt me financially if I do not get admission here.***</p>

<p>Depending on your major you’re probably better off at mines, imo mines> tamu.</p>

<p>depending on your major , 27 may not have been enough even for the top quarter .</p>

<p>@Daniel, no you just need a 30 and to be in the top 25%. The top 10% is only for Texas residents, and it’s separate from Academic Admission anyway.</p>

<p>I am majoring in petro eng.So i guess mines wont be a bad option.</p>

<p>My daughter got Team Blinn today. Don’t know if she will take it. She applied early September.</p>

<p>congrats 83aggie, I have yet to hear a negative thing about the program from a Blinn student. A lot of them seem to like the fact that they do not have to move and make new friends as they are living on the A&M campus anyway.</p>

<p>I agree! Congrats 83aggie! And Congrats Daniel and Hopeful!</p>

<p>Thanks! I am happy and relieved considering the email they sent out that they had more than 34,000 apps and 15,000 were in holistic review. She is disappointed because she really wanted to rush. I’m hoping once she thinks it through she will choose it. Her second choice is Ok State.</p>

<p>Thanks cromette! I also wanted to rush. Wish there was some other alternative to still be a part of a soroity and Greek life.</p>