How long for decision

For those that have applied, how long was it before you received a decision? Going on 3 months now and would have expected to have heard by now.

I would check the portal, make sure they have all your documents. Perhaps your file isn’t complete?

If they do have everything, email or call - For more information, please contact the Office of Admissions at 561-297-3040 or admissions@fau.edu.
Our office hours are Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Why ? Their website says - Your first-year application for admission to Florida Atlantic University is an application for admission and merit-based scholarships. Decisions are issued approximately 4-6 weeks from the time all application materials are submitted and the application is considered complete.

Thanks. Already did that and they say they have everything.

Then you might write back nicely - like - as an aspiring Owl, I’d so excited for the next four years at FAU.

The wait is killing me and the website says only 4-6 weeks. Going on three months, when might I receive a decision? I’m anxious to know.

Thanks for your time and I’m looking forward to my next four years in Boca Raton.

Finally got someone on phone willing to give some info. Even though everything was showing as complete in September (which she verified), his application did not go under review until the end of November. Wild that it would take nearly 3 months before they even look at it. She said it will be 2-6 weeks from the time they start their review.

Good to know - are they rolling? It appeared so - but some schools don’t start til a certain date but they would state that.

Good luck to the student.

D23 admitted today to the Wilkes Honor College
Applied Oct. 19th. Biology Pre Med

2 Likes

Good to hear that someone else has not heard yet - so much for the “rolling admissions” baloney which is untrue - application in and complete Oct 1 yet - nothing - rolling means they look at it asap. UPItt used to be rolling and my son got in with an early Sept app at the mid of October. Would venture a guess that FAC gets fewer apps yet going on 10 weeks! Very disappointing

My daughter got an acceptance email today. She applied 2 weeks ago. This was much faster than I expected as we are waiting on a few she applied to much earlier. One of which was Tampa fast track application that said she’d hear back within weeks and it’s been months. Hang in there!

My daughter is a Nursing major - 3.9uw, EMT cadet, Captain of sports team etc so I am wondering what is the wait? Yes or No not happy! OOS

Momtofourkids, my d is also a nursing major and applied mid oct and hasn’t heard back. We’ve heard from most of the schools already except for UF, FSU, UNF, FAU and a couple out of state. I heard they release nursing in batches and I haven’t seen anyone post they’ve already been accepted fir nursing. We find out Friday via email if my d was accepted to USF freshman admit. My d has a 4.0 UW gpa and we are OOS. SAT was just meh-1220. Good luck!

Thank you!! Good to know - it would be great and good communication if they let Nursing majors know that they would not be part of the rolling admission since literally everything we have seen talks about it! Good Luck!

FA was posted. Got 5K a year. Not enough. ByeBye FAU

2 Likes

STILL havent heard!

So, my d was accepted to nursing a few days ago. Yay, BUT, apparently they need to commit within 2 weeks or they lose their spot?!? We live far away in another state and need to get a tour of the campus and also tour USF which she was also accepted to. Also my d was deferred from FSU. How can someone decide in 2 weeks? Which is best for nursing anyhow? FSU, USF freshman track or FAU? Very confused.

I emailed the school and they said her decision had posted 3 days prior when I could have sworn there was nothing there when we looked. Maybe it will help to email the school and ask. Good luck!!

You won’t have time to wait on FAU.

I would check pass rates and the things that matter like distance to clinicals.
USF is the stronger overall school but no clue about nursing. Seeks pass rates are similar.

If you can hop on a southwest flight and get to Florida. You can fly in on a sat. See one. See other Sunday. Fly out.

One is Tampa. One is Boca.

Heads you win. Tails you win

1 Like

Thanks - the are too late to the game- in at Penn State, UTenn, U of Rhode Island and several others. If FAU can’t say yes being rolling (yeah, no) with a app date of 10/1 she will be going elsewhere/ sometimes it is as simple as that! Good luck to those who are going it is a beautiful school

2 Likes

How did you find out it was two weeks to accept the nursing offer? My daughter also was admitted. I called the Admissions office today and they told me as long as she commits by May 1st, she should be good. Then… she proceeded to tell me to call the School of Nursing to see when you are required to commit. No answer and was then told to email the Director of Students in nursing. Still no response to email. Very confused as well.

So another mom told me her daughter was admitted and they clicked already on the initial acceptance in the portal. Then a few days later they received a letter in the mail saying they have 2 weeks to commit or the space goes to someone else! We have not clicked on the initial acceptance yet and we haven’t yet received the letter in the mail, but I assume it’s coming soon. Can u tell me who you emailed? I need to figure out who to contact.