How much consideration is given to AP scores?

<p>On the Common App, I noticed there's a section for AP tests taken and the scores received. If I've taken 6 APs and have gotten 5s on all of them, is this taken into consideration in admissions? I always thought that AP scores were just important for the credits, but there being a section on the Common App has changed that thinking for me. Anyone have any insight?</p>

<p>They’re not weighted as much as SAT or ACT, but put all of your scores on there anyway, because they can only strengthen your application.</p>

<p>Bump, any other opinions?</p>

<p>UM Mom here.
The only one to be able to answer your question accurately are the UM admissions office!!! Everyone else can only speculate.</p>

<p>In your case, you’ve done well, so don’t worry about it. It won’t hurt you like it may someone who has taken AP classes and done poorly on the AP tests throughout.</p>

<p>(They may look at the scores to compare with your grades. Say you got 3.5 or 4.0 in every AP class. You got all 5’s on the test and another student gets 2’s and 3’s. May tell them who learned more or which schools give out easier A’s. Just a thought.)</p>

<p>They don’t really matter all that much except to show rigor of courseload otherwise miami wont use them till your scheduling classes.</p>