How much dance can MT's with voice emphasis take at Roosevelt?

<p>I have read the thread on dance for MT’s with dance emphasis and learned what is required for MT’s with voice emphasis, but would like to know more. My D wants to focus on strengthening her dance while in college, as it is presently the weakest of her triple threat skills. (My S went to BoCo and took 5 dance classes a week, which proved to be critical in his success after graduation.) I like that Luis Perez and Jane Lanier have both been quoted about the importance of dance training, but I am concerned the voice emphasis students won’t have the opportunity to take a lot more dance, if they desire.</p>

<p>I can’t comment directly on your situation, but my S, who is an acting major, has enough AP credits that he doesn’t have to take any more Gen Eds, and he is going to take extra dance instead, starting next year. They have a relationship with the Luc Conte Studio, where a lot of the kids take extra dance. I believe it’s for credit and as part of tuition (i.e. not an extra cost, as long as they’re not taking more credits than permitted) <a href=“http://www.hubbardstreetdance.com/loucontedancestudio”>Page Not Found | Hubbard Street Dance Chicago;

<p>Our D is a freshman MT voice emphasis major.</p>

<p>Freshman year only ballet was in the curriculum, but as Jkelly says, extra dance can be added without extra cost if there is room in their schedule which only happens if they are taking less than the 18 hours (ie tested out of music theory, keyboard or a gen ed). Otherwise they pay for extra dance. My D took modern on Saturday mornings at Lou Conte but we paid for it.</p>

<p>Sophomore year they have dance every morning at 8am–Jazz and ballet I think, plus conditioning classes. It is true that the dance emphasis students take more dance classes.</p>