How much is Football a factor in school selection?

<p>All other factors aside, I am just curious how many people are going to apply because you like the idea of attending a school with a great football team?</p>

<p>My DS was accepted with great scholarship money into several other schools (USC, Ohio State, Penn State) with top football programs. Football certainly was not the deciding factor but did have a small influence in his decision. He wanted to experience not only a great academic program but to be part of a big school feel with lots of school pride. What won my sons heart and ultimately led to his decision to attend UA was the absolutely beautiful campus, awesome dorms coupled with the top academics and school pride. This combination is tough for most other schools to compete with.</p>

<p>Not a deciding factor, but definitely a contributing factor. It was definitely another check mark in the plusses column.</p>

<p>My DD attended a brand new high school. They didn’t even have varsity sports the first year because they only had freshman and sophomore students that first year. Because there were no established teams, and the first year they played varsity there were no seniors, the sports were dismal the first 4 years. There was never any local coverage from the media and school pride was almost nonexistent.</p>

<p>So going to a school with big sports and lots of school pride was important to her. She wanted to be a part of something that she felt she missed out on in high school. Bama definitely fit the bill!</p>

<p>Timing was bad on that for you Class2017 - Mustangs are on the rise! Hoping you have your Bama colors out helping me represent in N’ville :)</p>