How strict is Cal Poly with their reported Grades

I was wondering how strict cal poly is with reviewing applications… I submitted my grades and am admitted into cal poly for liberal studies. I went to go check my reported grades and realized that one of my course types is technically not an honors course, it’s an elective. This was a one semester summer school consumer seminar class. All of my grades and other course types are accurate however. Am I screwed?

1 Like

Call Cal Poly…and ask.

@Gumbymom

1 Like

Notify Cal Poly SLO of the mistake before sending your final transcript. They recalculate your GPA when reviewing the applications and may have already caught the mistake if you are in- state applicant based on the UCOP course list. I do not think it will be an issue if you give them a heads up on the error.

I am not in-state. Do you think they would even notice this if I didn’t do anything? I don’t want to surface it, if it’s not a big deal.

My GPA would still remain the exact same even when it is calculated correctly because this is not a part of 8 honors classes that give me extra points to my GPA.

Admissions is very aware of what courses are designated as Honors for OOS applicants. I would send them an email or call so they have documentation that the course was marked wrong. It should not be an issue. Note whom you talk to if you call or keep the email showing they confirmed they received the information.