How to accept parts of financial aid package

<p>Now that award letters have been posted on our kids’ accounts, please clarify something for me. My son has a scholarship + $5500 offer in loans. We do not want the loan ‘aid’. How do we accept the scholarship but NOT the loan part of the financial aid package? If I need to contact FA office, great, but thought some of you would have experience w/ this from prevs years. Thanks!</p>

<p>I had the same question and called Financial aid. They told me to accept the offer under the Terms and Conditions tab and then decline each individual loan when the drop down menu becomes active under the accept award offer tab.</p>

<p>On your students MyBama account under the Academics tab, middle section of the page there is a Scholarship Offers section where you can click on “accept”.<br>
Then if you go to the Student tab, middle section of the page there is a Financial Aid Awards section, under the section Terms and Conditions you put in the year 2012-13 and it brings up scholarships, loans, etc. and asks you to accept or decline. I also called the FA office and was told that by clicking on “decline” here you are only declining Federal Aid.</p>

<p>It should then show you if you click back on it that your scholarships have been accepted and will give you a green flag. I was told it takes awhile for the accept/decline of Federal Aid to be posted so it may still show a red flag meaning this section is not yet completed.</p>