How to convice dad to let me go into IB?

<p>Hi all,</p>

<p>I'm currently a freshman at a regular public high school in South Florida. When I was in 8th grade, I received an invitation to apply for the IB program in a school near me. The problem is, my parents heard from a rather overinvolved aunt of mine that the school is "ghetto."</p>

<p>While it is true that the school does have a bad reputation, the IB students are kept away from the other kids, as they are in their own building. The current school that I do also has a similar reputation. Furthermore, I have several friends who are in the IB program and they are doing just fine. </p>

<p>I asked a friend of mine if they accepted applications for the tenth grade, and she said that they do. When I brought this up to my mom, she said that she'd be fine with it... as long as my dad was.</p>

<p>So the big question is this: How do I convince my dad to let me go to this school?</p>

<p>Maybe you should set up an interview with the IB coordinator at the school.</p>

<p>My school is very similar to what you are describing(they are improving and digressing at the same time). It is very very true that you are really secluded from the other students and I am even secluded from other IB students. There are basically 2 groups of IB Juniors and I basically see only one group everyday because of scheduling. You kind of become a giant family. And does your aunt go to the school, no, so although she has heard about the school and its reputation doesn’t mean it occurs daily or it might even only on occasion. Maybe you could see if you could talk to a current IB student and ask them questions.</p>