Howdy "Recommended Fall Schedule" Schedule B

So, we were just lead to this link in the Howdy portal under “My Record” and at the very bottom square, on the left hand column, is Engineering. In the box, it says new student packet. Clicking that tab, brings up a link of the “Recommended Fall Schedule”. Clicking that link, brings up "The Dwight Look College of Engineering recommends that you use Schedule B to plan your fall schedule of classes. Then you click on Schedule B.

The fall schedule recommends something different than what he had planned, which was what the general engineering website shows. His plans were Math 151, Physics 218, ENGR 111, Eng 104 and UCC.

The fall schedule provided by tamu recommends Math 151, ENGR 111, Chem 107/117, Eng 104, and UCC.

Is Chem really better to take than Physics? If he doesn’t take 218 now, does he take it second semester then 208 in summer school?

Another question he had was he is thinking about switching from MechE to Computer Science. He currently has a job that has brought his interest in this into focus a bit more than MechE. CS requires 2 semesters of Chem. Computer Science prefers students to have a two semester chemistry
sequence, but will allow students to use CHEM 107/117 with CHEM 102/112 or another approved science.

He’s not sure yet about it though and would hate to get behind with the physics if he decides to stay mechE.

Does anyone else have schedule B?

Ignore that recommended stuff and just do what y’all want to do. I assume your original plan was phys218 first semester and then phys208/chem107 second semester? That’s fine and is what most of the engineering freshmen I knew last year did.

Thanks @izelkay. Yes, that was his plan.

@Thelma2, The recommended plan is based on the student’s MPE score. For some, they recommend taking Chem before Physics in order to have a solid foundation in Math 151 prior to Physics 218. However, this is simply a recommendation, and you can choose Physics over Chem if you prefer to do so.