Hows the social life on campus for nongreeks?

<p>RTRMom…we started with a similar experience. DD was Greek…her boyfriend was not. He chose to pledge and is happy he did. That being said his little brother in the house dates one of DD’s friends who is not Greek. In addition DD is in the CP Program for Nutrition and I would say half are not Greek. She tends to hang with her “sisters” …they are her best friends and since his fraternity is their “brother” house they do a lot between the two socially. That being said I think your social life and friend group is what you make it. I think that it might be harder for a guy to get into fraternity parties than a girl but if you have connections and friends it shouldn’t be a problem. I also think that the Honors College does such a great job of planning social events and connecting kids that making friends and finding a social group should not be a problem. Truly your college experience is what you make it and how much you put yourself out there and get involved.</p>

<p>When I think of a guy “snagging” a girl I think of the evolutionary chart and the hairy, slightly bent over character dragging a club. Maybe it’s because I’m a father with a gorgeous daughter, lol.</p>

<p>asaunmom said it best: “The bottom line is this; BAMA is a campus of tens of thousands of students. There are social scenes of all sorts. If your student wants to have an active social scene, it shall be.”
Finding a social life in Tuscaloosa will be the least of any student’s problems!</p>