HPM Interview and Singer Scholarship Interview

<p>Hey I interviewed for the HPM in February, and I was just admitted to UM (regular). With my acceptance letter, I was told I became a finalist for the Singer Scholarship (full tuition), but I have to fly down again to interview. I live in New Jersey, so flying down and visiting again would be quite a hassle. Is anyone in the same situation? Do you know if it is required for me to go to be considered for the scholarship? I'd only go to UM if I get in the HPM. And If I'm in the HPM, the full tuition would be great. The thing is, I don't think I hear back from HPM soon enough to RSVP to Singer. What should I do?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>If you call them and let them know your situation, they will let you do a phone interview with no negative effect.</p>

<p>that's sweet. thanks</p>

<p>How was the HPM interview? What questions do they ask? I’m really worried they’re gonna ask me some tough medical question which i just have no idea how to answer. Any information would be helpful!</p>

<p>You won’t be expected to know any advanced biological or medical concepts - that’s why you go to college and then medical school. They may ask you to explain why you’re interested in the program, why you’re interested in medicine, what you think the most important characteristics are in a doctor or in an undergraduate student who hopes to pursue medicine, to tell them some interesting things about yourself or your family, or explain something that you’re really proud of. But it’s not a test of your medical knowledge.</p>