HSF Hispanic Scholarship Fund???

@nw2this They’re from separate organizations. The NHRP award is just a title, not a scholarship in itself. Some schools award merit aid to NHRP students, but the number of schools that do get smaller every day, as well as the amount of $ given out. HSF awards, on the other hand, are regular scholarships, paired with networking opportunities and mentoring programs. You don’t need to be an NHRP to qualify, but you do need to be Hispanic.

@Lilliana330

Thanks for the info. So, I see HSF is not related to your PSAT score. Is it an automatic scholarship based on GPA and test scores or do they also consider at leadership, community service, ECs, etc?

@nw2this The latter. As stated in one of the posts, “There were 135K scholarship applications this year. HSF awarded scholarships to 4K students” so def not automatic.

Kind of a long shot but did anyone from the wait list hear back yet? I know they said late November but I’m hoping someone has heard back by now.

I think my kid got the money transferred to his bank account at school yesterday. We are trying to have it approved for or a 1 time computer purchase.

^ Yeah, they deposited Spring 2016 money yesterday, in order to avoid delays. I put it in a separate account to avoid any temptation to use it, I need it to pay my spring bill lol

I just started my application for HSF (probs wont even get anything as I do not demonstrate financial need) and have a few questions.

1. When listing my courses, do I have to list all of my grades (first and second terms?) or like it says show my last grade received from that course (second term grade). And do I need to input all my grades? All of that is very clearly shown on my transcript which my school would be happy to submit.
  2. If I’m unsure of where I will be attending next fall and will be unsure until around April, how should I approach the corresponding questions?

I will probably continue to have questions the more I tackle the application!