Hshsp 2022

To the applicants wondering: If you applied to HSHSP and have not heard back, there is a chance you can still be accepted IF the HSHSP program moves online. (Some acceptances may not have been sent out yet.)

It’d be a huge help if you could contact Dr. Richmond (gailr@msu.edu), the program director, with a very short and very polite email that says something along the lines of (Please make significant edits and reword if you send—you don’t want to send the exact same email as someone else!):

“I am a HSHSP applicant, and I heard that the 2022 program cannot happen at MSU due to university COVID housing regulations. I know that some other programs which faced similar issues due to COVID moved online and were conducted through Zoom meetings. I was looking forward to possibly attending the program, and I was wondering if there is any chance that the program could happen virtually instead. Thank you so much!”

If you were accepted, please also consider a message like the one above! It’d be super cool if we will still be able to meet each other, even if it’s just through Zoom :slight_smile:

HSHSP has never been virtual before, and Dr. Richmond would no doubt have to work very very hard to make that happen. Sending this email can let her know that lots of people would still be interested in doing HSHSP if it moved online.

(I said the message above a bunch of times in the GroupMe so I decided to just post it here!)

Hi, I recently email Dr. Richmond and was informed that all applicants received the program cancellation email. However, I did not although I had received confirmation from Dr. Richmond that my application was complete (I emailed him). I was wondering if I’m the only person who applied (and didn’t get accepted) but didn’t get a program cancellation email.

I didn’t receive a cancellation email either. Shame…

I didn’t get any email also on cancellation . I hope they can improve their process to make it more transparent to everyone who applied and followed their guidelines and paid them application fees .

Theoretically no one paid application fees… it still is quite rude though.

really…I paid $35 dollars, that’s what Dr. Richmond sent me email about.

How did you pay? There wasn’t any mention of application fee or any place to pay.

Check - that’s what Dr. Richmond asked me in email.

Anyways I am bummed that this program is not happening !!

For those who were accepted, first of all congratulations even though the program is canceled. Do you mind share your main stats like GAP, SAT/ACT, competitions, extracurricular etc? Just want to see what are the important attributes for these summer programs. Thanks!

Hey guys is this hspsp happening online in the summer of 2022 ?

[edited—please ignore]