I am so worried - be honest

You will definitely be admitted to Metro. Metro really has a lot of financial support.

If you stay instate, you’ll get the Colorado subsidy, which is about $77 per credit. It goes a long way at a public school, not so far at DU or Regis. However, both DU and Regis have merit scholarships. DU has a housing allowance. DU is on light rail so easy to get to. I don’t think Regis is yet, but it is on bus routes.

If you want a bigger school residential experience, you might look at Mesa in Grand Junction.

CSU also has a Native American program with financial aid.

An OOS school that might work for you is Wyoming. My daughter attended and there are a lot of Colorado kids there because, after merit scholarships, it is usually cheaper than instate at Colorado. My daughter paid about $16k per year, and most was covered by aid and scholarships. Housing is very inexpensive. She’s returning for grad school next year and found a room in a house for only $400/mo, including utilities.

If you’re happy with Metro, it really offers a lot of opportunities (my daughter took three classes there one summer and we thought it was great). Light rail is so convenient. They have sports (Div 2), Greek life, lots of clubs. It’s right in the heart of the theater district, professional sports nearby, government offices just down the street for internships and experience. My daughter will look into Metro’s study abroad in France next year (it’s been cancelled the last 2 years because of covid) as it looks like a good way to learn French quickly after being away from it for 3 years (she needs it for grad school).

Don’t worry. Just decide what you want and go for it.

2 Likes

Common App is an application with 900 colleges on it. You fill out all the main stuff including activities, classes taken. You get your letters of rec…one time.

Then you apply to any of the many schools that take it - your letters (that you got one time) go to each school. Your main info goes to each school. Your main essay goes to each school. Some schools will have additional essays. But it makes your life hugely easy. Some of your schools may have their own apps - but they’re probably pretty easy. You’ll be fine.

1 Like

another shout out to Fort Lewis in Durango. Its part of the Co State system and, as noted above has a full tuition waver for Native American students. My son is in his 4th year there and LOVES it. At 3500 students and surrounded by a resort/college town with a beautiful campus - it really feels private. Great access to interesting professors, no real struggles getting classes.

It is certainly worth a look.

Good luck

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.