I have good stats [4.0, 1540, likely NMSF], but I am completely lost in the admissions process [PA resident, <$15k parent contribution, PSU and Pitt NPCs say too expensive]

You just take a good video on a cell phone of you playing jazz and classical and submit it. Is doesnt have to be a video of you as the featured soloist with an orchestra!

You can apply to Pitt/Honors and Penn State/Schreyer and keep your fingerd crossed for merit but PA is tough financially.
I strongly second running the NPC on Vassar - boy from PA could be a little nudge and slightly easier than Williams.
For the major you’re interested in, Colgate, Hamilton, Bowdoin, Trinity CT, Lafayette, Dickinson, would all have strong outcomes. The last 3 would be matches if you demonstrate interest (join the mailing list, open emails, click on the links they send and read).
Fordham has a full tuition scholarship for NMF and is ideally located however it may not be affordable.

2 Likes

As an alternative approach, consider seeking colleges with tight networking opportunities. As suggestions, look into Hamilton, Williams, Amherst, Colgate and Claremont McKenna. All of these schools offer excellent economics programs. With respect to your interest in finance, courses in topics such as accounting, corporate finance, international finance, financial economics and financial econometrics may be offered at some of these schools. To further your preparation for a career in finance, consider suitable mathematics courses as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.