I made a mistake on my UC application after submitting!

<p>I wrote my personal statements on Microsoft word and had someone proofread them before copying and pasting it into my application. I made sure my personal statements were devoid of mistakes before pasting it into my application. After I submitted my application, I reviewed it and found some mistakes such as formatting gibberish and question marks with the letter “a” before every paragraph. I cannot understand how it was somehow added to my paper. I am very upset because the UC’s might not accept me due to this mistake. I am a perfectionist and this really infuriates me. What can I do to fix this mistake? Has this happened to anyone else and will the UC’s deny me admission just because of a mistake that I did not cause?</p>

<p>Hey there! I also submitted and almost made the same mistake but luckily, you’re safe! :slight_smile: I reread the directions before the section you submit your personal statement and it basically said “don’t worry, format mistakes will not affect our admission decision.” I’m 100% sure I read something like that. And most UCs glance over the personal statement from what I hear in this site…T_T So best of luck! </p>

<p>I would also not contact the admissions office about this…especially since it’s the holidays! They would probably think you didn’t read the directions carefully…</p>