I need a GPA Booster!

<p>I’m at 15 credit hours right now and would like an easy gpa booster? I am Civil Engineer Major. Already taken Music appreciation, psych… not really interested in theater. (Enjoy watching but don’t want any part in it)</p>

<p>Will you be a sophomore next year?</p>

<p>Do you have all of your Core Req’ts complete? If not, which ones are you still missing?</p>

<p>Are you in honors?</p>

<p>ARH - 151 (Intro to visual arts) with Brian Evans is an easy A. No final exam either.</p>

<p>ARH - 252 or ARH - 253 (Art History)
The online version with Andrea Taylor is easiest but they are all full. In class with Jenny Tucker (formerly Jenny Blount) is also a pretty easy A.</p>

<p>All three classes are (FA) and help to satisfy your core requirements.</p>

<p>Look both profs up on rate my professor.</p>

<p>Arts of Tuscaloosa -
simple unless you have been living in a cave.</p>

<p>Arts of Tuscaloosa…very popular!</p>

<p>My son also liked:</p>

<p>Honors Fine Arts and Parody with Dr. Louise Cary…and Honors First Person Writing with Carolyn Mason. But, both required a good amount of writing.</p>

<p>Honors first person was only a one or two page paper a week though, so it really isn’t bad</p>

<p>D is taking professional development. She will finish the class with a completed resume she can add to over time, and is learning basic business etiquette (including which fork to use for what at dinner, etc) and doing mock interview. This class is both practical and an easy grade.</p>

<p>Timeflew, what is the course number of the professional developement class? Sounds like a class that every student should take sometime.</p>

<p>Although he’s already started a resume (h.s. had a whole automated system in place) he definitely could use more insight, i.e. resume for the college student. He also hates interviews, I think with guidance/constructive criticism/practice one is going to feel more confident. </p>

<p>I concur with sophocles, I’d love to pass the course info on to my son.</p>

<p>I agree with sophocles, too. Western Carolina Univ. has an entire program like this (required) for Honors College students. The kids learn business table manners, among other things, and have a banquet at the end of the semester. I think it’s a really good idea.</p>

<p>Back in the day, Mount Holyoke, where my sister went for one year, had a program called Gracious Living. I assume they’ve discontinued it, but etiquette programs like that really are invaluable. We need to bring them back.</p>

<p>The course CRN is 19275. It’s UH (honors class) 120 - 006. D said this class has been very beneficial :)</p>

<p>I don’t see it offered for fall, though. It may be that it is only available for spring semester.</p>

<p>Thanks for the info, guys. Will definitely bookmark this one. What a great class!</p>

<p>Sounds like a great class. S went to an etiquette class when he was 12, but I’m sure he could use some reminders. Today he is at a 2-day advanced driving class at a local racetrack. He’ll be ready for Taladega next :wink: It looked really interesting I should have stayed to listen to the lectures, I could use some driving help- but mostly backing up and driving at night. They weren’t covering that.</p>

<p>Another “easy A” but also beneficial class is CSM - 204 (Into to Personal Financial Planning) with Caroline Fulmer.</p>

<p>It doesn’t satisfy any core requirement. But if you have a few available electives it’s a class that could be most helpful to you in the future as well as give your GPA a boost.</p>

<p>No not in honors (unfortunately)… But thanks guys, I looked and I think Art is full for the fall already. I could actually use CSM - 204 (I’m awful with money) :slight_smile: Thanks!</p>

<p>Brian Evans for ARH-151 is great with granting overrides. He gave lil bro one this past semester two days after classes started. Just a simple email to him should do it. lil bro has an A in the class, and trust me, he doesn’t put forth a whole lot of extra effort in anything :-)</p>

<p>The other ARH classes should be adding more seats during the upcoming Bama Bounds based on last years numbers. </p>

<p>But if the CSM-204 fits your schedule then it might give you the best combination of easy A and future benefit. Good luck!</p>

<p>It does! Thankfully, but I was thinking about sociology (online?) but I’m not for sure… I just want a full schedule to keep myself busy, but at the same time I’m registered for Cal so I don’t know if it’s a smart decision to pack my schedule so tightly… What do you think?</p>

<p>lil bro took SOC-101 in class and it was cupcake city with all the extra credit points she gave out. Not sure about the online version but I imagine it should be pretty easy as well. It satisfied a Behavioral Science core req too.</p>

<p>You might want to email Prof Andrea Taylor who teaches the online ARH-252 & 253 classes. She grants overrides but not quite as many as Brian Evans. From all reviews her class is one of the easiest A’s out there.</p>

<p>lil bro will be taking her online class next semester too as he is in your shoes. Wants to get a full load of credits but doesn’t want it to feel like he’s doing so. </p>

<p>I’d read all the reviews on ratemyprof for the various options and see what best fits your needs both schedule wise, curriculum wise, and benefit wise and take the best fit.</p>

<p>Just looked at SOC-101. No reviews for the online prof. lil bro had the class with Heckler and she was easy like I said before. I know they’ll be opening up a bunch of those seats as well in the upcoming months.</p>

<p>BTW, with the in class SOC-101 with Heckler you only go to class once a week. The other work is done online. If you read the prior years syllabus you’ll see how it works.</p>