IB Art vs. AP Visual Art?

<p>What are major differences between the two? Which one will take up more time, and how much time will they consume? I know that both are very time consuming and I will already be participating in many sports and other AP classes so I want to opt for the less time consuming one while still continuing my driven passion for art. Can anyone elaborate on their experiences if they've taken one or both?</p>

<p>Aren’t they basically the same?</p>

<p>Sure they’re both demanding higher level art courses, but I heard something about an IB exploring and the workloads are different. Mainly, I want to know which one is more time consuming from anyone who has ever taken both</p>

<p>Does your school offer both? That seems unusual.</p>

<p>IB is a bit more about process. There’s an IWB (investigational workbook) that you have to write in - sketches, other artists and how they’ve influenced your work, etc.
Also, they look really favorably towards globally inspired pieces and pieces with meaning behind them.</p>

<p>It seems harder to score high for IB (I don’t have any statistics to back this up, just what I’ve observed). If you youtube search AP studio art portfolios, many people who receive 5s lack fundamental technical skills.</p>

<p>My school offers both, and I am very grateful for it. However, I’ll be taking AP Chem, AP Bio, AP Stats, AP Psychology, AP Language and Comp, and Pre Calc. I don’t know if I will be handle that all on top of playing two sports and participating in Speech and Debate. Art is my escape and I want to pursue it while I’m still young but I’m also really interested in the sciences and don’t want to take on level english or psychology.</p>