Fun thread!

How to choose a homeschool method and curriculum
Weekly menu planning
Trip planning

6 Likes

How to play the hand bells
How to make a barn quilt
How to make your own website, using Squarespace or similar program
How to start and grow a Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Day of Service at your house of worship
How to promote a community event - including how to write a good press release for the local paper (sadly, a diminishing need for this skill)
How to incorporate better nutrition into your eating habits

And most importantly right now - How to find a vaccine appointment for those living in the Philadelphia suburbs!!! (our system is a nightmare and we are STILL in the first 1A group)

7 Likes

What’s a checkbook? For that matter, what’s a check? :grin:

1 Like

How to make a french baquette
How to downhill ski
How to organize your home
How to plan your next vacation

6 Likes

How to do your taxes
How to play piano or organ
How to do Disney World

3 Likes

-How to plan the best travel itinerary and book great hotels and good flights for the best prices.

-How to get kids (not your own) to open up to you.

-How to make an interesting dessert from whatever random stuff you have in the house.

-How to have a sparkling clean swimming pool all the time.

6 Likes

Part two to this thread will be picking one of these talents and asking the talented CC’er to share their HOW!!! :grinning:

11 Likes

@LeastComplicated – I would like to assert that as much as you may be an expert, sadly, you cannot teach me how to do a cartwheel. Pretty sure it’s just not in my DNA!

5 Likes

Pretty sure there is a clause in my health insurance prohibiting cartwheels.

11 Likes

How to mat and frame photos. And then hang them. (and take them if you don’t already have them in hand).

How to find almost anything on the internet. I’m great at research it appears especially for buying things at a great price.

How to successfully procrastinate without causing too much stress in others. I’m excellent at shortening a long to-do list.

How to bait a hook using fresh shrimp. Or if you don’t want to fish, then how to boil and peel them to eat yourself.

4 Likes

Haha! It is in everyone’s DNA! I will sadly admit though, that the cartwheel DNA sequence does degrade irreparably after a certain age.

:wink:

• How to do almost anything in Excel (or MS Access)
  • How to reconcile anything (like a checkbook, or anything else with numbers.)
  • How to Zumba
  • How to plant and maintain a vegetable garden

It’s fun to see all your responses!

4 Likes

Anyone with excel or writing knowledge can help me anytime!

I teach nursing students and walk can into any medical situation and feel at ease. But talking numbers or having to write things hurts my brain. We all have our own skills!

5 Likes

How to drive backwards to escape and do one of those cool turns. My mom went to high school on a military base in Libya in the early 60s and learned to drive from one of the local bodyguards; she taught me everything she knew about driving and cars. I freak out my neighbors when I drive the length of the street backwards to get back to the house to make sure I closed the garage door :joy:

15 Likes

How to back up into a parking spot - my kids say it’s my special talent. But no to parallel parking!

How to make beautiful mixed plant outside pots

5 Likes

I could teach you how to sew a crayon roll, classroom chair pocket, scrub cap, or mask.
I could teach you how to make Chile verde, “Spanish” rice, refried pinto beans, etc.
I could teach you how to modify a rhyme to fit your student’s needs.
I could teach you how to modify simple children’s songs, in English (i.e. “happy Birthday to you”), into Spanish to get kids to do what you ask. (wash your hands, brush your teeth, etc.)
I could teach you how to use pool equipment to scoop out squirrels, wild rabbits, hawks, every day, out of your pool.

4 Likes

How to do smocking
How to paint in watercolors
How to make the world’s best apple pie
How to do one, two or three point perspective drawings
In fact I’m pretty sure I can teach anyone to learn to draw if you are willing to put in the time
How to grow potatoes in a pot from a potato eye

6 Likes

You all have some mad skills and are impressive!! I am good at a fair amount of things like cooking, baking, planning and organizing, decorating cakes, and managing home renovation projects but I lack the patience to teach any of it to anyone else. Can anyone teach me to be more patient, or maybe less impatient??

5 Likes

We would just be sitting staring at one another.

4 Likes

How to make marmalade or jam out of whatever random fruit you have, without adding pectin

How to make balloon animals (though it has been awhile)

How to make the best pancakes

4 Likes