Illinois Wesleyan University: Anyone going this fall?

<p>Who else on CC is going to Illinois Wesleyan University this fall?</p>

<p>I am a freshman who is going to iwu this fall semester. And i’m a international student from China. I fell a little nervous recently because i have never been to America. Is anyone here willing to give me more information about iwu? are the students there esay to get along with?? Are they friendly? Thank you for your advice.</p>

<p>Hi Angelia! Wow, that has to be really scary to go to another country for college without ever visiting! I’m from Minnesota in the US, so going to Illinois isn’t too far, about an 8 hour drive.</p>

<p>The students seem nice from the ones I’ve met when I visited- I visited 3 times.</p>

<p>I can try to answer any other questions you have too. I’ll be a freshman at IWU this fall also.</p>

<p>Anyone else going to IWU this fall? (CC group of IWU Class of 2015 people here!)</p>

<p>I’ve put down the deposit,but still waiting for my waitlist schools. I’m international,too.
I heard that the school has good music department, but other arts are not so good. I would love to study Film&Media sorts of things, but it seems that they don’t have it.</p>

<p>icymariah- international also, what country are you from?</p>

<p>Yes, IWU has a very good School of Music, that’s one of the things they’re known for- music and science majors are probably the two biggest areas. I don’t know anything about film/media stuff there, and yeah, I don’t think that is a major at IWU either…Good luck on choosing a school!</p>

<p>I’ll be there this far. I’m live about an hour east of IWU so I won’t be too far from home. BloNo is an awesome area, and everyone at IWU is super super friendly. On one of my visits I was waiting in line for an omelet and a stranger in front of me turned around and struck up a conversation! It’s a wonderful campus!</p>

<p>I’ll be majoring in French/Spanish Education. Can’t wait for August 16!</p>

<p>^Yep, 14 weeks til orientation!</p>

<p>I’ll be attending in the fall too! Not quite as far as China, but I’d say CA is up there on the list! Can’t wait!</p>