I'm Here!

<p>I've seen that this forum is really empty, so I just want to let anyone who comes in here with questions or concerns know that I am checking back here at least once a day to help out. I am a high school senior who has been admitted to Loyola. While I haven't attended LUC yet, I know a lot about the school after having gone through this whole process and constantly visiting campus. I'm here to help!</p>

<p>Please share with us your visit experience to Loyola Chicago. Thank You!
Also, what is your major and your stat?</p>

<p>I’m sorry I didn’t answer. Due to little traffic on here (which surprises me) I stopped checking in so much and just forgot about it. With that being said, the visits I took to Loyola were amazing! In fact, that first visit I took made Loyola my first choice instead of a dark horse option. We got to Loyola and were treated to complimentary free parking in their huge garage, and then we signed in and they took us through the basics you see at any visit like facts, stats, cost, etc. I had done a ton of research beforehand and they were still able to provide extra info that I didn’t know about! Then we took a tour of their campus which is amazing! It’s small enough to where you’ll never be far from any building, but big enough to where you don’t feel like you’re in the city while on campus, like your own little island! The buildings have this old and beautiful look but once you step inside each building, you’d have no idea how old some of them are! Everything is upgraded and their newest buildings have everything a college kid could need. The students who gave the tours were also really helpful and gave a lot of insight on what it’s like, and the thing they all talked about most was how awesome their teachers are. To me, that’s huge because as a pre-med major I want to go to a school where I build good relationships with my teachers. The dorm rooms are a good size, big enough for whatever a student would need, and the food options looked good but I didn’t try anything. The el train stop (Loyola stop) is literally right next to campus, but you could hardly even notice the sound! The campus feels like a traditional campus, but once you step outside, you’re surrounded by stores and restaurants, etc. In my opinion, you know you’ve found the school of your dreams when you can’t wait til the next time you get to back and visit again, and that’s exactly how I felt about Loyola.</p>

<p>Edit: I will be a biochemistry major for pre-med. I know it’s pretty generic but chemistry was my strongest subject in high school. I got a 33 on the ACT and have a 3.91/4.0 gpa (4.47 weighted). My extracurriculars were soccer, NHS, Spanish NHS, an Athletic Leadership Club, and tons of community service. I was accepted into their Honors College and will be interviewing later this month for their Ignatius Scholarship.</p>

<p>@jcrduke96‌ - I am thinking of transferring into Loyola as a biology major, but I’ve heard not so good things about the science departments, such as the program isn’t good and due to cutting costs, opportunities for students outside the classrooms in professors’ labs are scarce. What has your experience been like so far? Do you feel as if the biology program (or chemistry, since that’s the department you’re in) is benefiting you or will benefit you down the line in ways the average school could not? I’m trying to decide between LUC, American University, and George Mason University right now, so I’m trying to get all the information possible before deposits are due!</p>