Impressive dance opportunities for non-dance major dancers

Visited Purdue with our D who is presumptive statistics major. All her choices pretty much equivalent for her field of study, finances are fortunately a non-factor, she is going to choose based on non-academic fit. She is serious trained dancer. We found the opportunities there impressive. No dance majors, about 80 dance minors, beautiful facilities, lots of support for performance and choreography. Very different from my other D who dances with a student group at the most selective large public in SoCal… they practice in a parking lot.

My d dances with Purdue’s Contemporary Dance Company and teaches at one of the local studios. She said when she graduates this May, the dancers and dance classes are what she will miss most. Even when she had an onerous engineering course load, she refused to drop dance as it was her escape. Flying out to see her perform one last time in the Spring Showcase next week. I wish your daughter the best of luck at Purdue and hope her passion for dance continues. BTW, d was a competitive dancer who trained extensively prior to starting Purdue. PM me if your d would like to talk to her more about the program.

D decided on UIUC. Good though that I learned about this, I have one more dancer in the pipeline.

UIUC has a fantastic dance department! Go ILLINI! All the best to her.