"In loco parentis"....Do you live near a college?

<p>I am about 30 minutes from Western Washington U in Bellingham and will have a grad student there this fall and I am about 45-60 minutes from UBC and others in Vancouver and will have a kiddo doing EAP there in the fall.</p>

<p>Holla if you are heading this way ;)</p>

<p>We're about 15 minutes from UMW in Fredericksburg, Virginia.</p>

<p>Email is the best way to reach me.</p>

<p>Kelly</p>

<p>I'd be happy to help anywhere I can. I'm about 90 mins from Dartmouth, 50 mins from UNH and only about 15 mins from Manchester airport. PM me for anything in NH.</p>

<p>I would advise parents to get roommate's contact info when you drop your kids off. My S had a medical emergency that required hospitalization and RM was so glad I contacted to him to let him know what had happened and that S was in the ok and not missing.</p>

<p>that is really good advice. As an emergency, you might also get the R.A.'s contact info.</p>

<p>Richmond,VA area with four teenagers. I'd be happy to help in any way, just PM me.</p>

<p>I have several of my kids friends phone numbers stored in my cell. When I couldn't locate my daughter as she had lost her cell, I had her give me a couple of her friends numbers "just in case." I have some comfort knowing that I have other ways to get in touch in case of an emergency.</p>

<p>Within 8-45 min (much longer for some during rush hours):</p>

<p>UMaryland (College Park, and UMBC)
Johns Hopkins
Goucher
Towson
Villa Julie
St. John's
McDaniel's
Catholic U
Howard</p>

<p>Within 1-3 hr:
American
Georgetown
George Washington
St. Mary's College of Maryland
Hood
Washington College
Jame Madison</p>

<p>For contact inof, please PM me.</p>

<p>another East Bay denizen. UC Berkeley, UC Davis, St. Mary's, Mills, Cal State East Bay, San Francisco schools.</p>

<p>My kid is way over in the Boston area. Hardly asks for anything from me except occasional advice.</p>

<p>But anyone who got into Yale is smarter than I am, so what do they need me for??</p>

<p>Northwestern Univerity--less than 10 minutes away
Lake Forest College--30 minutes</p>

<p>I'm hoping if this keeps going long enough, there will actually be a parent from Iowa--the only downside of Grinnell (not Iowa, per se, but low population).</p>

<p>Snowball: another great idea....I did that once not realizing it was an old boyfriend so D was not thrilled!!! I learned a lesson. :)</p>

<p>Bethievt: go on Iowa's thread and see if anyone will sign on.....hopefully we can keep it going!</p>

<p>Iowa State University down the road</p>

<p>I am about 80 miles from Grinnell, Bethievt</p>

<p>Arcadia and Penn State-Abington</p>

<p>These are 5 minutes away; all other Philadelphia area schools also. My D will be at Hopkins...anyone close to it??</p>

<p>I'm about 5 minutes away for UCSB. I'm happy to provide any help that might be needed. My daugter is graduating this weekend from University of Maryland in College Park. Having her so far away has made me appreciate the help of her friends parents that are local there. You can contact me via email.</p>

<p>Bryn Mawr, Haverford, St. Joseph's here......</p>

<p>University of Redlands here.</p>

<p>Does anyone know how to search a thread for a specific town or school? If so please post that with a bold faced heading......</p>

<p>atlmom, I don't think you can search this thread but a search of just parents forum with the name of the City (or City + College or just College) shouldn't be that long a list.</p>