"In loco parentis"....Do you live near a college?

<p>I just did it for Atlanta and you and Binx came up 6,7, and 8. Not too bad.</p>

<p>If you're using Internet Explorer, you can search each page of the thread by hitting Ctrl-F, which brings up the "Find" function.</p>

<p>At the top of this page is a little box that says "Search this thread"...click on that, and enter your search criteria, and it will show you relevant posts.</p>

<p>Close to all of the Baltimore area schools- Hopkins, Goucher, Towson, UMBC, Loyola, etc. - Right down the street from Villa Julie dorms</p>

<p>PM me</p>

<p>anothermom, brilliant! Why didn't I think of actually looking at the stinkin' page? Oh, well. It is my first day here on CC. Can't be too concerned. Now, had I been here a while....;)</p>

<p>Sheesh. What a maroon. Had it been a snake it would have bit me.</p>

<p>Duh! Almost bit me :0</p>

<p>Oregon State University - PM me.</p>

<p>I know almost nothing about most things....</p>

<p>BTW I am 5 minutes away from UCI, close to Chapman, Cal State Fullerton and other OC schools.</p>

<p>pm me if you need something. :)</p>

<p>Something's not clear
Do you have to be loco to join? Or does being the parent of a college student generally make you loco?
[yes, I do know what the phrase means]</p>

<p>You don't have to be loco to join, but it certainly seems to help!</p>

<p>Philadelphia</p>

<p>Based on home and/or office, I am within a few minutes of most of the in-city schools -- Penn, Drexel, Temple, LaSalle, University of the Arts, Moore, Philadelphia University, University of the Sciences, Chestnut Hill College, CCP -- and also Arcadia and Rutgers - Camden. Others (SpringfieldMom, ivoryk) are closer to most of the suburban schools -- St. Joseph's, Villanova, Haverford, Bryn Mawr, Swarthmore, Rosemont, but I'm not that far from most of those, either.</p>

<p>Thanks for the good question.....I just meant JOIN US....yes whether or not you speak/read latin or spanish probably both fit for most of us. No other joining involved here. We are creating a resource that can be searched for specific areas....</p>

<p>I did suggest when you move your child in, meet up with a parent and have a cup of coffee....get to know each other a little. There are a pretty amazing group of parents on this site and we are just tapping each other's knowledge.</p>

<p>We are in college hoops land, with lots of cows, and great ice cream! :)</p>

<p>I work at Boston University's Charles River campus. I've also worked at Wellesley, Simmons, and Harvard, and know about MIT as well. Feel free to PM me with any questions.</p>

<p>I'll be doing graduate work in Pittsburgh in the fall. PM me for contact info. I should also include surrounding schools like Grove City, IUP, St. Vincent, Seton Hill, Washington & Jefferson, etc.</p>

<p>I live in Paris, France. Feel free to PM me if your kid is doing an exchange year.</p>

<p>Fifteen minutes away from Providence; 1/2 hour from Stonehill; and an hour from Boston and the western suburb schools (Brandeis,Bentley/Babson) and Worcester. Just PM anytime and would be happy to help with questions/advice/etc.</p>

<p>Going to be feeling the "empty-nest" syndrome big-time, as D is our first and only. We are fortunate in the fact that we have relatives near her school - one is a 1st cousin of H who is about 20 minutes away and recently found out from MIL that a 2nd cousin of his lives and works only 10 minutes away from the campus. Got to say that this is a big relief - it is hard to let them go.............</p>

<p>*Lehigh, Lafayette, Moravian, Muhlenberg, Cedar Crest, DeSales, Alvernia, Albright, Kutztown and Ursinus. * </p>

<p>OK to PM me.</p>

<p>Can't we make a list of this by area? It'll be easier to look for. Also, is there no one near Oberlin? :(</p>

<p>TheOneCurlyFry, just click on the "Search This Thread" button at the top of the screen, and you can search for your college, or for the state or city your college is in.</p>