"In loco parentis"....Do you live near a college?

<p>IN LOCO PARENTIS (Latin.)
in the place or role of a parent.</p>

<p>Parents, I thought it would be nice to know a parent who lives in or around the town where your student/children are attending. Some of us live many miles away and it is hard to deal with emergencies quickly if the situation arises. Emergencies may include auto accidents, injuries, illness, arrests or other legal situations, etc. ALso for recommendations on hotels to stay in when you visit, or other local advice. Not for loans. Not for minor illnesses. Not for airport transport unless there is an emergency. </p>

<p>The heading should be the college near where you live and contact info in the message. </p>

<p>I think also since we are supposed to prepare for emergencies our country or cities may face, it would be nice to have someone in that town.</p>

<p>I am in Atlanta so fairly close to all of these schools. Athens is 60 minutes away but I can still help somewhat as I spent 7 years in school there.</p>

<p>I will exchange phone numbers via private messages.</p>

<p>I am in Washington about ten days out of every month, except for August - can be reached via PM. Am also in Miami...</p>

<p>I am right on campus at the University of Michigan. PM is the way to reach me.</p>

1 Like

<p>I live a block from Colorado College -- PM me for phone number and email.</p>

<p>While I do not reside in a college town, I am within striking distance of Houston, San Antonio, Austin, and Corpus Christi--about equi-distant from all, like spokes on a wheel. I can be PM'd for emergency help/suggestions.</p>

1 Like

<p>Dallas</p>

<p>I live a few blocks away from SMU.</p>

<p>I can be PM'd in emergency situations or if someone's S/D gets stuck in the airport (D-FW or Dallas Love Field) en route to somewhere else.</p>

<p>Just pm me for contact info! :) (Not that I expect any CCers out this way...<em>rofl</em>)</p>

<p>~berurah</p>

<p>I'm near Wagner College, St. John's University and any colleges in Manhattan. PM me if you need something because I'm happy to help.</p>

<p>I'm near UVM, Champlain College and St. Michael's. I wish I knew someone near Grinnell.</p>

<p>We live close enough to USC, UCLA, Occidental, Loyola Marymount L.A. and also Chapman in Orange and UCI. Definitely willing to help in an emergency. I can be PM'd or emailed.</p>

<p>I live close to Santa Clara U and San Jose State, and not far from Stanford, and slightly farther but still not out-of-range for UC Santa Cruz. PM me for contact information.</p>

<p>I am 1 block from Stanford University. Can be PM'd for info.</p>

2 Likes

<p>I work in Boston, and I live near Stonehill College. Contact info available via PM.</p>

1 Like

<p>Columbia U., Manhattan College, SUNY Purchase, etc.
Contact me please via PM.</p>

<p>And how do you make those bold-faced headers so that I can follow instructions? ;)</p>

<p>Baylor med, UT med, Rice, U of Houston, SFA, and any other Houston area University.</p>

1 Like

<p>I live near UCF, Rollins and Stetson. I will fill that role for one of my daughter's friends that is coming to Stetson from Pittsburgh. I hope he will like August in central Florida!</p>

<p>I'm in the Boston/Cambridge area -- too many colleges and universities to list. :)</p>

<p>I'm also a grad student, not a parent, but I would still be more than happy to have somebody's kid over and feed him/her a square meal!</p>

<p>I can be really helpful for a Baylor kid . E-mail is the way to go.</p>

<p>momof3sons, use the "go advanced" option. There will be a title block. Fill it in and it's auto bold.</p>