Indian Male seeking Prestigious Universities for Wall Street Job

Demographics: International student
State/Location of residency: India
Type of high school: Indian Feeder (35-45/80 go to US colleges)
Gender/Race/Ethnicity: Indian
Other special factors (first generation to college, legacy, athlete, etc.): N/A

Intended Major(s)
Finance

GPA, Rank, and Test Scores
Unweighted HS GPA:
10th Grade IGCSE (6A* 2A)
11th Grade IB: 35/42
12th Grade Expected (Predicted: 43/45)
GPA might look mid but the school does not really care because it is mostly IGCSE into IB.

ACT/SAT Scores: 1440 (Should I report?)

Coursework
HL: Economics, Business Management, Computer Science, Hindi B
SL: Math AA, English

Awards

• Distinction in the ICE Certification
  • 1st Place in Screening for a prestigious Business Quiz Competition
  • 2nd Place in the DSIJ Investing Competition
  • 44th Globally in a well known Olympiad (CS)
  • Award for the best research and communication by the New York Institute of Finance

Extracurriculars
Extremely impactful social service organisation focusing on farmers in India, which helped them learn about financial policies and govt offers that they could avail. 10000+ people reached and 150+ farmers helped.
Paired the Farmer service by training a ai up to date to create a chatbot that can dispense financial advice to anyone using it. 8000+ people reached.
Internship at a big Assets Management Firm. Made significant improvements to asset management structure over the course of 4 months.
Another internship in bombay with a big4 investment firm where i worked on mutual funds and etf analysis in india
Headboy of a stock-related club, made massive upgrades to the club reputation, transformed from a 5-10 member club to a 65 member club, gave multiple speeches and held many financial literacy sessions for teachers at the school.
Managed a personal portfolio from $1000 to $ 4500 over the course of 4 years using derivate, technical and value investing
Research paper on real estate in india published in a semi reputable journal (self done)
others are okayish

Essays/LORs/Other
Essays: 9/10
LORs: 10/10 I go to a boarding so the teachers writing are essentially second mothers/fathers to me.

Cost Constraints / Budget
$100k a year

Schools
The thing with this is that I only wanna go to good schools that lead to good jobs in finance. otherwise, I might as well just stay in India. I don’t care particularly about fit or rigor as I can handle both. I would prefer to go down the IB pipeline, but any high finance job is a target for me. I would prefer not to go to a isolated college, but I am willing to go if its a good school.
Please chance/match me for schools I can apply to? If you need any more info, please feel free to ask me. My parents are completely unfamiliar with the collegge process, so it is a bit difficult for me. seeking your help.

Really?

You will not get into any prestigious universities

1 Like

1440 SAT will unlikely to get you into any top school unless you have stellar essays

Folks, please see this thread:

Yeah, as a former asset manager, I also would like to hear about how a high school intern made significant improvements in four months.

It was a friend of mine, he saw me writing so and gave a satrical reply. Had to create a new account to post as there was no way for me to appeal.

Yes, they were using outdated tech + slow systems. I had some knowledge about how to help and setup proper workflow and communication platforms and I helped the entire company switch over to Slack completely from as few disjointed and barebones platforms that they were previously using. It was a 4 month process because I had to pitch Slack and get the permission to get the corporate premium for slack as well. That is why I have used the word significant.

Hope this clears up any confusion.